Arctic Tiger EF-18 Hornet

Guest cloggy

Guest cloggy

Modellers for whom finely recessed panel lines, over-engineering and familiar inaccuracies are as essential as the styrene itself, debate earnestly about the virtues of the Hasegawa Hornet over - say - the Fujimi, but for me the cheap 'n' cheerful Revell offering builds swiftly, and with some putty, to a nice model. I feel happier with the nose profile of this kit than the aforementioned Japanese options, and I like the fact that the fins don't look somehow slightly too small...But what do I know? Enough babble, I used decals from Aztec for the standard markings and hand painted the rest. Here are a couple of pics. There is a little bit more to do - a couple of aerials and a bit of tidying, but here you are - finished this evening.

DSCF9614.jpg

DSCF9612.jpg

Nice model cloggy, Always loved tigermeet aircraft and you've used a Hornet as well so 2 of my fav's. Hand painted tiger marking very cool.

Good job. Was considering a tigermeet aircraft in the near future. Would be a bit of a challenge to stripe it with paint rather than decals but worth it in my opinion. Looks much better.