1/72 Boscombe Down Argosy

Hi Everyone, Just finished this one and found some sunshine to photograph it! Built from the Magna resin kit, rather expensive but a lot easier to build than the vacform version! Only problem was the engine to nacelle fit which needed a lot of filling and sanding, the flexi-file proving invaluable due to the contours. The white metal parts required a fair amount of cleaning up and the wheel centres were off so the axles were made from brass rod and left to "float" so that the wheels all touched the ground. Finished in Revell Aqua and Xtracrylics, decals coming from the spares box as the supplied sheet had cracks running across it. Fantasy Printshop black checks were used on the rear fuselage. Overall a pleasing model with a lot of "character", but be warned it is bloody heavy!

2010_08190023.jpg

2010_08190024.jpg

2010_08190025.jpg

2010_08190004.jpg

2010_08190008.jpg

2010_08190005.jpg

As usual all comments wecome, MODeller

• Like 1

I like this alot, probably will never build one myself as the cost is a bit to much plus I have other kits to do. Are you taking it to any model shows to show off?

What is next on the horizon, Belfast maybe

Safeair in New Zealand operated a couple of the civil versions of these. I always thought they were a plane that was greater than the sum of their parts. They sounded great as they droned overhead high up. Locally (& I suspect elsewhere) they were known as the Whistling wheelbarrow. Nice model by the way, it seems to have captured the look very well.

Steve

Safeair in New Zealand operated a couple of the civil versions of these. I always thought they were a plane that was greater than the sum of their parts. They sounded great as they droned overhead high up. Locally (& I suspect elsewhere) they were known as the Whistling wheelbarrow. Nice model by the way, it seems to have captured the look very well.

Steve

And also the Whistling T*t due to the nippl....errrr....sorry, radome on the nose. :)

Superb build :D

Edited by TonyT

And also the Whistling T*t due to the nippl....errrr....sorry, radome on the nose. :)

Superb build :D

yeah " the flying t*t"....still it may make plastic ( ok resin ) fondling even more fun!

very nice BTW....was it hard work?

Edited by sinnerboy

That's a fine looking whistling tit, err I mean wheelbarrow! I have one in my stash and I'm tempted to start building it (Ahead of the other 5 projects on the go ...)

Regards

Mark

Lovely model, brings back memories of sheltering under the wing at one of the late 60's Biggin on the Bump Air Fairs......then making a dash for more cover from the liquid sunshine under the wing of a Beverley!

Ah bliss!

Well done

'Proper Job!'

Rex

That looks fantastic. I bought one recently myself and was going to do it in the sand/brown/black scheme but am very tempted to change my mind now after seeing how good it looks in grey/white/red. :thumbsup:

Andrew