My last few

My last few efforts, comments, advice on how to improve appreciated. All 1/72 and o.o.b.

Hasegawa FRS1

122.jpg

121.jpg

119.jpg

118.jpg

117.jpg

Revell F-16

116.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

110.jpg

Italeri X-35

107.jpg

097.jpg

091.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Skeg: They look just fine to me...nice finish on all of them, well done!!

Cheers,

ggc

Excellent triple build.

The only thing I can pick at is that you have some of the stars 'n' bars on upside down.... :whistle:

Didn't even notice there were different ways they would go up, will remember that for next time.

All very nice, just feel the Sea Harriers' stance is a little wrong. It seems too nose high thus making the tail too close to the ground. Having checked with pictures I have, the nose wheel is not canted far enough back. Also the nose leg doesn't seem fully home, the door attached to the rear should be touching the fuselage. Picky I know, but you did ask, :D

Edited by Shar2

I like your builds, but to me the sea harrier seems wrong like Shar2 said, also are those kit decals on the Shar? Because those roundals are just wrong they don't look right to me. Sorry you asked apart from the Shar which i guess are Hase mistakes not yours they are fab.

Didn't even notice there were different ways they would go up, will remember that for next time.

It's an affectation from the Colonies - I don't thnk you can put a roundel on "upside down."

Edited by ejboyd5

All very nice, just feel the Sea Harriers' stance is a little wrong. It seems too nose high thus making the tail too close to the ground. Having checked with pictures I have, the nose wheel is not canted far enough back. Also the nose leg doesn't seem fully home, the door attached to the rear should be touching the fuselage. Picky I know, but you did ask, :D

I bet you wish you hadn't asked now, lol.

But then I think we're all open and happy to accept a little critism. I certainly know I could not do a paint job as good as those!

I think these are really well done, the only additional things I'd mention is the wash on the Harrier has shown up the mold line on the leading edges and the stores pylons could do with sway braces :)

Thanks for all comments.

Your right, the nose wheel isn't seated properly, i hadn't noticed that. That and the fact that the outriggers wern't touching the floor when finished (probably becuase of the high nose wheel) is why i sanded down the middle pair of wheels to let them touch which i can now see has created that high stance, oh well, will have to build another :) . The decals are the kit decals so have just gone with them, why do they look wrong? They do look a bit bright if anything to me i suppose.

You will have to excuse my ignorance, but what are sway braces?

Am still trying to improve. I keep having issues with washes either not staying put in the panel lines, sometimes cos of them being sanded down slightly (i'm not wanting to re-scribe yet as know i would make a hash of it), or them highlighting areas as mentioned.

Also still have some parts that are obvious that they have been glued on and when your trying to get something to look as realistic as possible this just looks wrong. No part of a real aeroplane looks like its been "glued" on.

Any further comments would be great, it's all very helpful.

Not sure what to crack on with next, got about 20 in the stash and just can't choose!

Sway braces are screw down clamps that stop the stores, (bomb, drop tank) from moving side to side on the BRU hooks.

mau-12.jpg

I take it they would need to be scratch built then? I tend to steer clear of scratchbuilding as again, i think i would make a hash of it.

I take it they would need to be scratch built then? I tend to steer clear of scratchbuilding as again, i think i would make a hash of it.

Scratchbuilding is just something you have to jump into. Might take a few attempts to get it right, but the satisfaction when it does.......TBH, i wouldn't bother at this scale either...

I think the problem with the Shar's decals is the red looks too light. Should be darker. The grey looks too light to me too. It should be Extra Dark Sea Grey on this variant. So it's possible that the camera has "lightened" all the colours?