AIRFIX 1:24 SCALE JU 87B-2 STUKA CUTAWAY

Fozzy all I can do is echo everyones sentiments quite astonishing, it's like walking into an aircraft museum, and seeing an aircraft done like yours, there is so much to see, so you have to keep going back to see it. Brilliant model. :pilot::goodjob::thumbsup:

Cheers

Ray

• Like 1

Wow - what a great idea to represent the Stuka. Great details.

A question - what are the yellow "balls" in the wing beside the tank?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael...the "yellow balls" are oxygen bottles....cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that really knocked me off. Looks great. I like the idea of these cutaways, especially on modern tooled bombers in 1:72. Very keen on your Lysander. Could be made into a little (or big?) jewel with this kind of scratch buildings. Cheers :goodjob: :goodjob: :thumbsup::yikes::winkgrin::bye:

Thanks a lot lads!

Wow ,i can only say Wow ,how long did it take you to make ?, colour me Tamiya XF26 deep green with envy . :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

It took me 5 odd months to complete ;)

Hi every one....Fozzy the Newbie here!!

I wanted to get involved with these brilliant forums so I thought I would post some pictures of my Stuka that I made last year.I usually scratch build all my models but I wanted to do something special with this large scale kit...hence the Cutaway finish!.It took me about 9 months to complete and I would appreciate feedback....good or bad http://www2.britmodeller.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

The biggest problem I have at the moment is trying to download these photos!!!.....anyway here goes.

Here is an overall view of the model

stuka001.jpg

I think you have given any Zoukie Mura kit a run for its money. This looks amazing, to build a kit as a cutaway is almost taking model making to its highest form, and is the work of a master of their craft-only a complete scratch build goes higher.

I have always said a model is a blank canvas & this is evidence enough to prove it.

The Airfix 1/24 Stuka was - given mould technology of its time- a master stroke of model production when it first appeared. You have taken a very good kit and made it something special.😌😌

Thank you and welcome to the forum.👍

Regards Adrian

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire

I think you have given any Zoukie Mura kit a run for its money. This looks amazing, to build a kit as a cutaway is almost taking model making to its highest form, and is the work of a master of their craft-only a complete scratch build goes higher.

I have always said a model is a blank canvas & this is evidence enough to prove it.

The Airfix 1/24 Stuka was - given mould technology of its time- a master stroke of model production when it first appeared. You have taken a very good kit and made it something special.

Thank you and welcome to the forum.

Regards Adrian

Well Thanks Adrian...I agree with you about the this Airfix 1:24 scale kit ...In the past I have built this kit twice and each time I have thoroughly enjoyed it..I just had to make a cut away out of it this time!! :winkgrin: