Trumpeter 1/35 Mil 24-V Hind E

Hi,

Second proper build and my 1st chopper.

Big Ed Etch.

WEM Paints by hairy stick.

Pro Modeller Wash.

Some scratchbuilding detailing inside cockpit and hold.

Build has taken around 6 months.

Any comments are welcome.

model034.jpg

model013.jpg

model039.jpg

model006.jpg

model055.jpg

model057.jpg

model056.jpg

model011.jpg

model012.jpg

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 19

Great detail & weathering..nice !!! but that's one "ugly" chopper... :analintruder:

Chopper Cheers,

ggc

Stunning, you want to put it on the scale rotors site as well, I have this one, did you use any of the resin sets available?

No just kept the kit one with the Eduard interior which was a bit of a swine to match the paint with painted etch as there is a few panels that there was no etch for.

Stunning, you want to put it on the scale rotors site as well, I have this one, did you use any of the resin sets available?

I might do but there is a guy building the same kit and he has done an amazing job opening all the panels and engine covers.......don't want to get shown up :weep:

i like it, i have some fotos of the real thing, at a former DDR base Cottbus. but first i want to do the trumpeter MI 8 they had there too.

what did the kit cockpit compare to the aftermarket and what was the kit like to build generally?

i like it, i have some fotos of the real thing, at a former DDR base Cottbus. but first i want to do the trumpeter MI 8 they had there too.

what did the kit cockpit compare to the aftermarket and what was the kit like to build generally?

The kit cockpit was fine as about half if it is not covered by the Eduard AM etch anyways.

This was my first non Tamiya kit so there is not the same detail in the instructions and I also found where the parts were connected to the sprues was very thick (might be a Trumpeter thing in general)

The parts went together okay with just a slight bit of sanding required on the main fuselage join.

The hold is a bit void of detail so leaves plenty of room for scratch building.

My first time using WEM paints (brushing) and they went on really well,at first I not too sure about the green as it did not seeem dark enough but I feel it matches in with the tired look I was trying to achieve.

Also the canopy comes with a large seam which I had too polish out as well - i was about crying whilst doing it as it was my first time working on the clear stuff.

Edited by Rosco

That's excellent - can't believe it's only your second model. And I don't think there's any danger of your getting shown up - superb work !!

WOW! That is great. Must be pretty big too in that scale.
thats a stunning finish, all over excellence..... my only comment - where the heck do you keep it - the rotor-span must be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Rotor span is around 20inch and body length is around 23" so it is a bit big.

Wife's not a happy at all with it.

Thanks for all you kind comments.

Good job there, but I hate to be a bore. As you have made a Hind E you are going to have to change the missiles on the ends of the stub wings. You have fitted the Swatters, whereas you need to fit the Sprial (the ones that look like long cigar tubes.) It was this change in weponary that was the main readon for the HIND D to become the HIND E.

Good job there, but I hate to be a bore. As you have made a Hind E you are going to have to change the missiles on the ends of the stub wings. You have fitted the Swatters, whereas you need to fit the Sprial (the ones that look like long cigar tubes.) It was this change in weponary that was the main readon for the HIND D to become the HIND E.

Thanks for the tip - will probably make them up and see what ones I like best.

Great detailing,great weathering (the promodeller wash is really good stuff).An excellent finish all round.The standard on here is getting better by the day!!