Bristol Beaufighter Coastal Command

A "Beau" with ASV antenna. Camouflage and markings Coastal Command. Very simple, very easy to do. Gunze colors Dark sea gray on top and white for the underside.

serial number unknown. It may be LZ293, not sure :unsure:. Unit and fate unknown too

Beau_0018_light.jpg

Beau_0001_light.jpg

Beau_0004_light.jpg

Beau_0011_light.jpg

Beau_0013_light.jpg

Beau_0012_light.jpg

Cheers

Edited by maxpayn

Now that's different! :goodjob:

Note the subtly faded grey uppersurface and the equally subtly enhanced panel lines on the white areas. Too often, panel lines on white areas look like they've been painted on. These look like they're a bit grubby, which is very realistic. Then there is the primer around the wing root areas.

And I also like the snoozing hound! :D

Edit: I've just realised... the reason there is primer around the wing roots, is that the fairings have been replaced. That's fresh white paint on the fairings, as opposed to grubby white paint on the fuselage. Superb! :thumbsup:

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Thank you,

Now the "Beau" has been modified. No pictures available for the time being, but I add the serial number LZ293 and I put a shield over the landing lights (burn protection of rockets firing) like on Hawker Typhoons.

Pieces of tape paper have been added on the machine gun exhausts on the wings leading edges.

Very nice Max but I note your photos take a while to download - is this a problem with your hosting site?

In a book written by Simon W. Parry (Page 57). Link hereafter:

Book

You will find also an interpretation profile and top view hereafter:

Profile view

Top view

Regarding the panel lines, I made a black pre-shading with airbrush. Then I painted the underside and the fuselage with white paint. Being "light" on the panel lines and "normal" in the center of the panels.

NOTE : I am not sure for the S/N because a Beau has the same LZ293 serial and you will find a photo through the link hereafter:

TF MkX

Sorry I don't speak fluent english, I am french !! nobody is perfect !

Cheers

Very nice Max but I note your photos take a while to download - is this a problem with your hosting site?

I think that they are a little bit too heavy (800x600). Later I will post the next photos in 640x480.

Enjoy