Gareth's Stripey Bric A.K.A XV160 in her winter camo

gareth

I now realise how stupid the choice of subject for the group build is as I know of only these two photo's of

xv160208sqngoosebay24ap.jpg

89501.jpg

If anyone has more photos id be glad to see them

This aircraft Ended its Life in the Mediterenean sea after an engine failure, both crew members survived but a sad end for a glorious aircraft

Anyway onto the build I have began to detait the cockpit and wingfold and thus so far have finished the pilots intsruments and cokpit sides and have began on the navigators compartment. I have also finished one of the wingfolds. I will upload photo's of this work once I get back from my holidays

Cheers Gareth

Edited by gareth

• 2 weeks later...

Right then the Groupbuild has started so on with the show the show. The cockpit has been completed and installed in the fuselage and i have finished detailing and painting one of the wingfolds. This work is show in the two Photos below

IMG_2143.jpg

And the Wingfold

IMG_2142.jpg

To test the airframe colours I have assembled and finished the airbrake

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

Thats all for now should get more done later

Cheers Gareth

Right then Next sub update:

First of the slipper tanks build and filled

IMG_2146.jpg

The sink mark in the port wing has also been filled

IMG_2147.jpg

I have also done some not too accurate detailing in the wheel wells

IMG_2144.jpg

and the fuselage has also been colsed up and posed next to my my other current airfix kit the tornado which is now just awaiting final painting and decals

IMG_2145.jpg

Cheers Gareth

Nice start Gareth! You seem (seam :winkgrin: ) to have the fuselage together already - great progress my friend! I beg to differ with your opening thought though - I think this was a great choice and look forward to the painting stage! - Jack

Right Quite a bit has been done but i thought better than boring you with multiple posts saying i glued ithsi ther so, all of the building has been finished and the sanding has been completed (I think)

Right then two pictures showing both sides of the airframe

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Cheers Gareth

Gareth, I came across this on a Google search, Don't know if you have seen it before, I haven't. It was on Hannant's site with a decal sheet no ML48177 by Model Alliance. Obviously not my picture so if its a problem I will remove it. Regards Paul.

articbucc.jpg

Edited by redfoxy

Hi red

Yes i have seen that before as it's what ill use to to apply the camoflague, asi if im not mistaken that is the painting guide from the model allaince decal sheet

Cheers Gareth

Yes it is, I only posted it as you said you only had the two views of the aircraft at the beginning of your post. Regards Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...