Deadly German S boat restored using rare footage

jenko

What am I doing wrong with BBC news clips? I see the intro pic with the S-boat, then get a stupid ad for BMW then nothing. If I click on the play arrow, nothing. If I click on the pic of the Beemer, it opens another window adveritising BMW. Hate the bluddy things anyway, more now. HELP.

I'd like to be able to see this one.

Steve.

What am I doing wrong with BBC news clips? I see the intro pic with the S-boat, then get a stupid ad for BMW then nothing. If I click on the play arrow, nothing. If I click on the pic of the Beemer, it opens another window adveritising BMW. Hate the bluddy things anyway, more now. HELP.

I'd like to be able to see this one.

Steve.

Its probably becuase you are viewing from another country. Sometimes clips are country specific.

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

There's a bit of software called hotspot shield iirc, which masks your IP via proxy - so you should be able to watch it okay with it - I've used it to view some "USA only" videos :)

Tried Hotspot, didn't like it but maybe I was doing summit wrong, the clip seemed to have disappeared anyway, the Wheatcroft site was most informative especially the bit about the Luersson (?) hull design, as a fast patrol boat fan I've read about this a bit but never realised it went back that far. Modern FPBs have similar hull design. Mica, I sort of realised that the S was probably for schnell. When I was younger they were often refered to as E boats, not sure what that stood for but calling them S boats is just being a bit lazy, like referring to FPBs rather than typing Fast Patrol Boats. ;)

Steve

just checked, clip still there, maybe the BBC doesn't like Hotspot, or maybe I had done it wrong or maybe...... :unsure:

Edited by stevehnz