LF info on Japanese aircraft markings.

Alfisti

Looking for info on the white wing and fuselage bands that were applied to Japanese a/c.Were these markings applied to all a/c from a certain point in time.I'd like to do the Hasegawa Ki-61 Tony in 32nd in the natural metal overall finish but,as my references are somewhat limited,I have little info on this area,and I think a little more colour (yeah,I know the tail areas could be colourful!) would help with the visual aspect of the subject.

TIA......Dave.

Looking for info on the white wing and fuselage bands that were applied to Japanese a/c.Were these markings applied to all a/c from a certain point in time.I'd like to do the Hasegawa Ki-61 Tony in 32nd in the natural metal overall finish but,as my references are somewhat limited,I have little info on this area,and I think a little more colour (yeah,I know the tail areas could be colourful!) would help with the visual aspect of the subject.

TIA......Dave.

Hi Dave,

I would recommend you have a look at the Japanese aircraft forum at j-aircraft.com Select 'Message Boards' then select then relevant section.

As you will see, the board is split up into Navy aircraft, Army aircraft, X-Planes, Ships and Navy, and Modelling

The guys who visit that site tend to be real experts in the subject and could probably even tell you the colour of the rivets, on the inside!

HTH

Mike

Just had alook at the site Mike,a bloody minefield of info but I think its given me an answer,many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Dave.

The guys on who go onto that site are only too willing to help with answers to queries, they even post photo evidence if you ask the right questions

Mike

TIA......Dave.

As I understnd it white bands were carried on fighters and some other aircraft detailed for Home Defence duties so only from late 1943 on. Nick Millman is the chap for more details.

As I understnd it white bands were carried on fighters and some other aircraft detailed for Home Defence duties so only from late 1943 on. Nick Millman is the chap for more details.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Mike S. I was going to respond to this question and had drafted what I thought was a fairly comprehensive one-stop fact sheet including Sentai-specific details for the Ki-61 but by then bootneck's "go to" post had pre-empted mine and effectively disqualified it as I do not visit or post at j-aircraft.com!

:tapedshut:

Nick

Thank you for the vote of confidence Mike S. I was going to respond to this question and had drafted what I thought was a fairly comprehensive one-stop fact sheet including Sentai-specific details for the Ki-61 but by then bootneck's "go to" post had pre-empted mine and effectively disqualified it as I do not visit or post at j-aircraft.com!

:tapedshut:

Nick

Hi Nick,

there are lots of builders of Japanese aircraft kits who do not visit or know about j-aircraft.com. I'm sure that these people would be very grateful to see your posting here, I certainly would like to see your info.

Every little help helps

Thanks

Mike :bye: