FINISHED: F/A-18C, VMFA-122 "Werewolves"

• Kit manufacture: Hasegawa PT110
  • Scale: 1/48
  • Type: F/A-18C Hornet
  • Extras used: Flying Leathernecks decals (FL48022); Shull resin GBU-38, LGB and Lightening pod robbed from Tamiya F-16 kit, Afterburner decals for bombs/pods, AIM-9 and AIM-120 from spares box
  • Paints and colours used: Model Master enamels (camo), Tamiya acrylic and Alclads
  • Other info: Full build is HERE

Here are the "Glamour shots" of my latest completion. This is my first ever build of a Baby Bug in 1:48 scale. I knew I had to build it once I saw the VMFA-122 decals from Flying Leathernecks. There is another hi-viz scheme for VMFA-122 carrying the "Crusaders" markings that might just have to be built as well.

Anyway, on to the pics:

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Edited by amason61

Absolutely gorgeous!

Since I am building the Crusaders version of this magnificent decalset I was wondering if the white used in the decals is translucent or covering nicely?

Regards

Sid

Absolutely gorgeous!

Since I am building the Crusaders version of this magnificent decalset I was wondering if the white used in the decals is translucent or covering nicely?

Regards

Sid

Mine covered with no problems at all.

Can't wait to see the Crusader's bug!

This is basically about it so far. There's a layer of future/johnsons on it now which is hardening so I can continue when I am back from my next trip.

I am guessing another 4 weeks before she is finished..

DSC00918.JPG