Looking for Windsock Datafile on Avro 504K

yeehah1

11 08 10

Just picked up a 1/48 Blue Max Avro 504K that I want ot make as an Irish Air Corps machine.

I have NEVER made a bi-plane before and a bit worried. The kit instructions recommend picking up the Windsock Datafiles for the Avro 504K.

Are they readily avaialable or am I on a hiding to nothing?

Any advise on building bi-planes in general?

Liam

You can buy it directly from the publisher

http://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/...-504k-160-p.asp

Biplanes are straightforward, the tricky bits are getting the top wing lined up and the rigging - everyone has their own pet methods for each! For a first timer, I wouldn't worry about getting every little bit in place, just enough to give the effect might do it!

Edited by Dave Fleming

You can buy it directly from the publisher

http://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/...-504k-160-p.asp

Biplanes are straightforward, the tricky bits are getting the top wing lined up and the rigging - everyone has their own pet methods for each! For a first timer, I wouldn't worry about getting every little bit in place, just enough to give the effect might do it!

Thanks Dave. Datafile ordered.

Liam

For the rigging you want to try some of our Bobsies Buckles, they make life so much easier.

How? I have seen them referred to on this site. But waht are they used for and how do they make rigging easier?

Liam

How? I have seen them referred to on this site. But waht are they used for and how do they make rigging easier?

Liam

They are eyelets made by twisting a pice of fine wire. Glued into predrilled hles they provide an easy anchor for your rigging.

Caveat. They look like twisted bit of wire, not remotely like actual turnbuckles.

They share that failing with all etched turnbuckles, which look like flat pieces of etched brass masquerading as turnbuckles. Both *may* make rigging easier, but IMO both make it look less realistic. Actual turnbuckles are barely visible in most photos.

Shane

Liam,

Here are some images of the Blue Max Avro 504K. They are from

the website Blue Max had before they went belly up.

Avo Model Pix

mIKE the modelhound

Great photos. Any chance I could get a copy of them for reference when I get down to making this kit?

Liam

Great photos. Any chance I could get a copy of them for reference when I get down to making this kit?

Liam

You just have to right click on the picture and it will expand.

Then left click on the expanded picture and choose

'save this picture'. You will then copy

the picture to your hard disk.

If that doesn't work send me a message and I will email them to you.

mIKE the modelhound