welcome to the Buccaneer GB

Mark M

hi guy and thanks mish for setting this up

welcome all

RULES: it has to be a BRICK!!!!!

anything from unstarted to about 50% complete, it seems people have started this model and then lost interest so lets get those ones finished off.

Members interested so far:

1 Ollihomes - XW966 - yellow and green Boscombe Down Aircraft

2 buccy mad

3 Irish geek

4 Rich F

5 Wadeocu

6 Col.

7 KeefR22

8 Lightningboy2000

9 theplasticsurgeon

10 Richellis

11 wkennerley

12 Doug Rogers

13 Pappy

14 Hazza444

15 markmarples

16 gareth - XV160 in winter camoflage

17 plastic bonsai - XK527

18 Marksh

19 daividelvy

20 Davec_24

21 Andrew Jones

22 Craigieve

23 TOM4ever

24 tango98 - XV333

25 Zero

26 Andrew

27 XLpainter - Royal Navy and a South African scheme

28 Paul - All over white S1

29 Viper30

30 Greg B

31 Philip - Gulf War machine

32 martin hale

33 Ale85

34 Deon

35 Doug

36 yeehah1

37 devilfish

38 simonb

39 thomaswier

40 Colin W - s1 in 1/48

41 bigbadbange

42 Walrus poke.gif

43 maltadeffender

44 Bucc284

45 glan davis

46 kstater94

47 RobMac

48 excess

49 TEZ

50 bill clark

well i make that 50 of us up to now!! oh and walrus!

Edited by markmarples

well chaps not long now until the start, only a few days to go, and i cant wait i have my 1/48 to finish (belieze) and 2 x 1/72's one in 208sqn markings to go with a hawk the other im not sure about yet (i doubt i will have time anyway)

Eagerly awaiting the green flag for this one.

I've just come back from holiday - and read Phoenix Squadron whilst I was away.

PhoenixSquadron.jpg

And I just happen to have a 1/48 FAA Buccaneer, that will be brought down from my loft - when the cases are put away.

AA_Buccaneer001.jpg

Mine will have the Blue/Red roundels on the book cover rather than then mission which was as boxart - as I've already discovered that the underwing ones are just the right size for a silver 1/72 Lightning. :shithappens:

Bit late and probably biting off more than I can chew having joined the F-4 GB but this would seem a good opportunity to make another Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer. The subject will be XX889 in the grey scheme/12 Squadron (As I saw her at Yeovilton). She will be crewed up and taxiing with wings folded. Markings will come from various sources (Check Six, Modeldecal, Xtradecal, Airdoc (RAFG F-4 stencil sheet)), and of course the kit decal sheet. Cockpit details will come courtesy of the Neomega offering as well as Eduard and FlightPath. She will be 'armed' with CBLS (FlightPath) and an ALQ-101 (FlightPath).

Andrew

Hello everyone.

Sounds like a good excuse to finally get the kit off the shelf and to actually start the kit rather than just open the box and day dream about how good it will look once made (they never turn out as good as they do in my day dreams!)

This my first group build and I was wondering what is the way of doing things? Do i need to sign up or do i just need to start a build thread??(is that even what its called??) And what are the general do and donts of a group build?

Cant wait to get stuck in.......

check out the rules thread but you are welcome to just start a thread but it must be less than 50% complete by the start of the GB

Cool its not started at all so no problems on that front!

I'm ummimg and ahhing over whether or not to get some detail parts for mine or to build it out of the box......

Tempted to build it sat on the cat, which means a minimum of flaps down.....

Suggestions?

PAragon Designs do a flap set for her but theres alot of work involved in making them fit and filling in the opening in the fuesalage.

welcome Ozh, Devilfish

I'm ummimg and ahhing over whether or not to get some detail parts for mine or to build it out of the box......

Tempted to build it sat on the cat, which means a minimum of flaps down.....

Suggestions?

what scale are you looking at?

cool, there will be so many big bricks in this wall! Devilfish are you going to southwell show, it would be nice to meet up as we seem to have the same choice of models, especially when i can virtually see your house over the fields!!

cool, there will be so many big bricks in this wall! Devilfish are you going to southwell show, it would be nice to meet up as we seem to have the same choice of models, especially when i can virtually see your house over the fields!!

I know nothing about this.....suppose I should look in the shows section more often. When and where is it?

Yes, would be good to meet a few more modellers