Hermans got a Gun............ Update

TonyT

OK have taken a load of what's in the box images, but started painting it on Friday lunch, decided on two types of Camoflagued used by the SS towards the end of 44.

Have tried in my feeble way to simulate the dried out cracked old leather look on his webbing and also scuffed leather on his map case. still need to tweak things as it looks for one example as if he dipped his finger in the Gulf of Mexico prior to scratching his inner ear. :)

Comments are always welcome and I have popped up 4 views for your viewing pleasure. :)

Have another of these on the way too :D

Rightfigure.jpg

leftfigure.jpg

Frontfigure.jpg

closefigure.jpg

Edited by TonyT

Adult themes like...................... Smoking ;)

Ok now I have your attention :P

Arm added and a cigarette made out of plastic rod

The more I look at the scheme the rear of his body, it is not as good as the camo on his arm, so I may tweak it to reflect that.

:)

hermanupdateotherside.jpg

hermanupdateside.jpg

hermanupdate.jpg

Edited by TonyT

Great job when you do the camo do you paint 1 main base colour then just add the pattern?

Russ

Herman is now sporting a gun, still need to tweak his breadbag and bits and bobs before giving him his bedroll? and water canteen, then a tidy up and paint the base. photos taken late evening, hence colour subtle changes

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gunclose.jpg

Enjoying this, though figures do not seem popular on here :D

Edited by TonyT

oh, what a GREAT work, Tony!!! :speak_cool::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

His real name should be Hermann (2 x "N") ... but actually he looks more like Gustav instead of Hermann ;):D:P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...