Group Build Banners

AnonymousDFB1

Are these difficult to make? I'd have a go for the Heli GB but have no idea where to begin!!

You mean the animated ones? I find it quite nerve wrecking as they are build up from individual pictures/frames which must be perfectly aligned or the end product will look as if it was filmed with a hand camera. The Thunderbolt banner is made of 19 individual slides. They were load up to GIFmaker.me to create the final GIF. PM me if you want to know more.

I made a smaller version too:

Thunderbolt%202016%2012perc_zpsznzj16rb.

Rene

Are these difficult to make? I'd have a go for the Heli GB but have no idea where to begin!!

It's a matter of having the right tools (software), and learning to use them.

You can use drawing software. I use Photoshop, or occasionally Illustrator, but you could start with the GIMP (free, here: https://www.gimp.org/ ). Other drawing products are available.

For the MTO banner I used Photoshop. This is four layers: sea, land, text and the Britmodeller logo.

britmodeller-MTO-2016.jpg

The logo isn't always used - avoid the current (Christmas / snow) version unless your GB will coincide with that season.

You could start by experimenting with photo-montage techniques (or collage) - they are very common here for complex subjects (e.g. aircraft or tanks - typical for STGBs).

For your Heli banner, if you have your own image of a helicopter, start with that and add a text layer.

Be VERY careful about using images found on the web - just because it's out there doesn't mean it's copyright free.

Size: Mike has posted guidance here.

From time to time one of the mods or admin will enforce those rules.

• Like 1

OK - I've had a go at my own as I can't use 'animated' banners within 'rolling' banners (the animator sees all the individual images :( )

Will do for me - Help yourselves to it if you wish :)

Cheers

Heli%20GB_zpsnhrjhc1t.gif

• Like 1

Okay, one more for the MTO group build. Desert pink :hobbyhorse:

MTO_chase_banner_zpsxa3eqdt8.jpg

And a combined banner for two STGB:s, in a very MTOish setting :pilot:

Me_and_Ju_STGB_banner_zpsd6zpjryx.jpg

I´d like to thank Mr. Lionel Richie for making these two STGB:s possible. Why? Well he´s been singing "Say Ju, say Me" for years... :coat:

EDIT: one more, a triple, as the North African setting of the banner above fits all three group builds

MTO_Me_and_Ju_banner_zps0gygahoj.jpg

Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you go into your profile, then press edit profile. Your looking for signature in the left hand side, then it's just the same as you would do on a thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...