Group Build Banners

AnonymousDFB1

42 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Now I have to ask the obvious question, how does one attach a banner to their posts?

Go to your personal profile by clicking on your name at the top of the screen.   Then click on Edit Profile.  It's in the grey area under the banners for The Facebook and The Twitter. 

This will bring up a dialog box where you can change your signature and add banners.

On 30/11/2022 at 18:07, Marklo said:

Now I have to ask the obvious but dumb question, how does one attach a banner to their posts?

On 30/11/2022 at 18:31, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The few times I’ve done so I have just screen shot the image and added it as another photo in my opening post of the build thread.

If you right-click on an image, you'll often have the option to view the picture in a new tab.  Occasionally, you may need to repeat the process to find the image (needed with Marklo's banner above)
For these banners, save that to your PC, and upload the saved version to your picture host; use the address of your hosted image.

You could copy the original image address directly, but I believe that is frowned upon?
In earlier internet days, the person hosting an image suffered a band-with charge for files downloaded.  I haven't seen a charge like that, or not in decades, but ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

If you right-click on an image, you'll often have the option to view the picture in a new tab.  Occasionally, you may need to repeat the process to find the image (needed with Marklo's banner above)
For these banners, save that to your PC, and upload the saved version to your picture host; use the address of your hosted image.

You could copy the original image address directly, but I believe that is frowned upon?
In earlier internet days, the person hosting an image suffered a band-with charge for files downloaded.  I haven't seen a charge like that, or not in decades, but ...

Being that I only use cellular for all my online activity. I cant really right click anything. One of the reasons I rarely use the banners offered. I have but only on a few occasions, and then as a photo from my hosting service. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Being that I only use cellular for all my online activity. I cant really right click anything. 

Long press instead of right click works for Android, if you're a fruit user I have no idea what to do (but I would suspect the same thing). 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...