Airfix 1/72 BAe Hawk T.Mk.1

Great build only one fault i can see is the smoke is not coming from the smoke pod but im assuming thats more off an issue with how its displayed. i love the stand you have created its brilliant and its gave me an idea for my reds tiffie build.Did you use modelling clay for the smoke ?

Russ

Great build only one fault i can see is the smoke is not coming from the smoke pod but im assuming thats more off an issue with how its displayed. i love the stand you have created its brilliant and its gave me an idea for my reds tiffie build.Did you use modelling clay for the smoke ?

Russ

Nice build great way of showing the element of speed, the smoke is coming out of the right place too the "smoke pod" holds the coloured dyes

Edited by Warris

Great build only one fault i can see is the smoke is not coming from the smoke pod...

Russ

The smoke doesn't come out from the pod. The mixture is stored in the pod, but the smoke is jettisoned from above the jetpipe.

Nice build! :speak_cool:

cheers.

Couple of larger pics :

rap1.jpg

rap2.jpg

Russ,

The smoke was made by gluing cotton wool around a 4mm aluminium welding rod which was inserted all the way to the rear cockpit bulkhead. It was then painted with Tamiya acryllic white . Fun project which would never have happened if it hadn't of been for the club competition (Those guys are makin' me do funny things !)

rap2.jpg

That is a fantastic shot of it displays the illusion of speed well

Russ

(Those guys are makin' me do funny things !)

Talking of funny things Mike - go on, show them it's party trick!! (& he's too modest to tell you this cracking little display took third place in one of our best entered comps for a long time, held in fond memory of a much loved member who departed us a little over a year ago)

Keef

I really like that!! Excellently presented....well done!!

Sorry to plagiarise Bill's words, but couldn't have put it better myself! :speak_cool:

Edited by busdriver

Wow, you have raised the bar with Red Arrows inflight displays. The model and base are excellent. I like the 'shadow' under the aircraft! :thumbsup:

How did you do the base, some creative spraying? or knocked something up on the computer?

:cheers:

very nice !.....I wondered why it wasn't going straight up (for viewing top and bottom) ..but you get a much better impression of movement with a stretch of runway in the base of course ..great stuff!

Edited by FalkeEins

Thanks for all the kind comments.

I'll post responses (including photos of the party-trick) when I get back from holiday. (Only going away for a week so I don't miss the next club meeting !)

cheers :cheers:

mike

Really nice modelling and nice to see an aircraft 'in it's element' instead of sitting on it's wheels. I'm looking forward to the Party Trick......:frantic:

Edited by timbo33