Sea Harrier FRS1

I wanted to do an early Harrier that saw service in the Falklands and did a fine job seeing off the Argie jets.

this model 001 based on board HMS Invincible, which i once saw docked off Boscastle/St Juliot, Nth Cornish coast just after the Falklands conflict as a kid.

This is my 3rd model (I'll have to stop counting,lol) and it's not been without it's problems, like tearing decals and knocking pieces off accidentally, i've enjoyed making this model and i think Tamiya have made a mistake by not having the square cut outs in the bulbous side air intakes, i think the Airfix kit has these but not a bad kit for 6 quid off ebay !

Found it difficult to apply a round decal onto a rounded surface, there's nowhere for the extra material to go without splitting it.

frs93.jpg

frs97.jpg

frs98.jpg

frs96.jpg

frs95.jpg

frs94.jpg

frs92.jpg

Ta for comments, it's not that great and sorry photo's came out a bit dark but it looks better in the flesh.

i think it looks just alright, couldn't be bothered to fill the wing joins properly but from a short distance it looks good on the window sil.