Millennium Lancaster - Different Galaxy, same hunk of junk

Madmonk

Thanks guys, slow and steady at the moment but will need to push on to meet the end of the GB.

Jamieb, welcome aboard, if you like this here is the X-fire I did a few months ago.

IMG_0759.jpg

I have a few other Star Wars What Ifs planned as well.

Have a full set of armour myself, only gets used at fancy dress parties. Did go to a black & white themed party in it once.

I am in the process of building a new blaster as the one I had before was cardboard, from a distance looked okay, I gave it to a neighbours kid at the last party as he took a shine to it.

Cool

my 2nd blaster (hasbro conversion) is partway through, although it has taken a back seat as i have joined the blitzkrieg group build. I had my last blaster stolen on a night out with friends.. they had convinced me to go dressed up .. the guy whose birthday it was was a massive starwars nut and he loved it.. one of his friends however helped themselves.. much to my annoyance... i put it down for two minutes.

I wish i had seen this GB sooner i would have liked to have had a stab... maybe a Pzkw AT-AT IV.

I have the Darth Vader and Luke Master Replicar lightsabres, they are on display in my office at work. Makes a great talking point and interesting Board meetings.

Washes started, quick oil wash in Paynes Grey to bring out the panel lines.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Used some Burnt Umber for spills and base on engines.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

leave it overnight now and carry on after watching the GP, then MotoGP, watching the BTCC as well might not go down too well!!

Cheers,

No plans to mash them together, the FM kit is too rare to do that!

The intention is to recast some parts of the original and use them on the Lancaster, things like the exhaust ports, the figures and possibly some of the panels. Looking through the parts on the FM kit it is obvious the amount of kit bashing done to build the original, there are at least 2 Hewland gearbox sections and several DFV engine parts before looking at tanks and planes!

I will remove the blades from the props and add the necessary bits to make them look like impulse/ion engines, I might try and recreate the interior to resemble the original with a round table and seating. I might even modify the bomb bay doors to be the access ramp.

Cheers,

I imagine the re-issue of the FM Falcon is met with some disdain, then?

I imagine the re-issue of the FM Falcon is met with some disdain, then?

Not really, it was never bought as an investment, will get built at some point when my skills are up to it and I have the room to display it!

F1 & MotoGP out of way, now how do I talk my way into another 7.5 hours of BTCC!!

Not sure how I got away with it but nothing done on the Lancaster yesterday as I managed to get a full day of F1, MotoGP, dog out for walk, BTCC and support races. At 6.00pm, after almost 12 hours of motor sport I was told to get tea ready, so after pork in a cider and wholegrain mustard sauce, all made fresh, I settled down on the sofa for a well earned kip!

Double Corrie tonight so plenty of incentive to get into the spare room and work on the Lanc.

I watched the GP qually and race, but only managed the first two BTCC races, and none of the supports, except the FRenault (well done to Tom Blomquist). I still didn't get any modelling done...

Warren, I like your thinking on this model. Will it be displayed in a diorama? Perhaps using the Airfix RAF or USAAF ground crew, but painted in the pale beige colour of the Rebel ground crew from A New Hope? And a jeep painted to look like the crew transport speeders...

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Obi,

The intention was to display it with the ramp down, obviously Han, Chewie, Luke and your good self are sat in there. That was going to be it but now you have me thinking as I have a set of 1/72 ground crew that would probably look good with it.

Will have to have a look on the Triliance web site for some inspiration, or just watch the films again!

RetrokiTs Cloud City Car arrived last week, nice little kit will put a rewiew up when the Lanc is finished.

Cheers,

It's the old Jedi mind trick...

RetrokiT's stuff does look good. I've not bought any yet, but I have seen them at Southern Expo, and chatted to the man behind the company and his good lady wife. They seem like nice people, and when I get some spare cash some of it will be heading their way. Especially when they re-release the Martian Fighting Machine...

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Obi,

Found the ground crew, is this the sort of thing you mean?

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Undercarrage and wheels now fitted.

IMG_0003.jpg

No work on it tonight as we have tickets to see Dr Who Live at Sheffield, for the kids really (14 & 16!), honest!!

On the DW theme we also have tickets to see John Barrowman at Sheffield City Hall so not much will get done on Thursday either.

Thanks for taking time to look and post comments/encouragement. More Thursday morning.

Cheers,

Enjoy DW Live - I've heard it's very good.

You heard right! What a brilliant evening of music and monsters, for anyone that has tickets I won't spoil it. Obi, if you can I would go and don't worry about taking kids, there were just as many couples as there were families.

The 5th series music CD is due out in early November so I'm going to nip onto Play.com or Amazon and pre order it.

Did you know there is a Wii and DS Dr Who game out at the end of the month and a sonic screwdriver Wii remote holder to go with it!!

Back to the Falcon tonight and the Mr Barrowman in concert tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edited by Madmonk

Did you know there is a Wii and DS Dr Who game out at the end of the month and a sonic screwdriver Wii remote holder to go with it!!

Cheers,

yep got it on pre order forthe lads birthday