Millennium Lancaster - Different Galaxy, same hunk of junk

Madmonk

what on earth is "resin plaster" though?

Mike,

It came from a place called "The Works" but I would think somewhere like Hobbycraft would sell it too. It is a bit more workable than plaster and for a small number of catings easier than resin. It cures in about 30 mins and can be sanded and worked on. Only real disadvantage is it's weight but for these pieces it's ideal.

Quick update of work so far this week, not much to report due to work and family but here we go.

The castings have been cleaned up and the intention is to cut holes to expose them, hopefully the photos below will show what I mean.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

These are shots of the underside of the wing and the rear of the fuselage, once glued in place I will add some pipes and tubes.

I also molded the intake/vent from the FM kit to add to the upper side of the wing between the engines, mock up below.

IMG_0027.jpg

Suppoed to be having a weekend of decluttering, but if I declutter the spare room (where my bench is!) and the garage I should be able to make some good progress on the ML.

Cheers,

Warren

Another quick up date, spent some time on Saturday building some subassemblies with a view to priming in Sunday. Sunday in this neck of the woods was a wash out, eventually stopped raining about 4.0pm by which time thw Out Laws were round so little done then.

The fuselage is now together but needs some attention with filler and sandpaper!, one wing is together with the additional insert, I put my finger through the second one so had to recast it and then I can put the second wing together.

IMG_0033.jpg

I have added some brass rod to mimic some pipework on the underside of the wing.

IMG_0034.jpg

Also built one of the wheel assemblies and the dry fitted the lot.

IMG_0032.jpg

I have chopped the rear end of the fuselage off to add some form of propulsion system but as yet still thinking about it. The intention is to display it with the access ramp open so I will also modify the bomb bay doors to mimic this.

Hopefully get the second wing, wheel assembly and tail plane completed tonight.

Cheers,

Thanks for the comments, nothing to report at the moment.

LB2000, not sure about the Lysander thought Jengo & Boba would have something like a Northrop X B35 flying wing.

This build and the previous Spitfire derived X-fire does encourage your mind to run away and look at real life aircraft for a Star Wars universe, I already have a kit for a Naboo fighter!!

The weekends work!

Falcon now has a full complement of crew!

IMG_0007.jpg

The exhaust/coolers were added to the wings.

IMG_0009.jpg

Close Up

IMG_0011.jpg

The main parts were also primed.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Just ordered some Light Gull Grey to paint it so will probably be the end of the week before it gets a coat of paint.

Cheers,

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Obi,

Coloured panels to go on next, need to think about where they go, so out with the reference books tonight, then the weathering, the bit I'm not looking forward to!

Looking suitably mad there, sure the colours and weathering will bring even more life to her, good to know you're making steady progress.