Millennium Lancaster - Different Galaxy, same hunk of junk

Madmonk

Not sure if these needs a story as I am taking one of the best known planes from WW2 and usin to represent one of the best know spacecraft from Sci-fi films.

The Millenium Lancaster, yes, that heap of junk.

I might work on a story but there is one already out there about gambling, smuggling and droids which will take some beating.

Anyway on with the build.

First pic is of Revell box and inspiration.

IMG_1021.jpg

The blue and white putty is some mould making stuff I picked up, mix the two and quickly make your mould, okay for the odd bit so hopefully I can use it to copy some of the parts of the FM kit to go in the Lancaster.

Cheers,

Warren

Edited by Madmonk

No plans to mash them together, the FM kit is too rare to do that!

The intention is to recast some parts of the original and use them on the Lancaster, things like the exhaust ports, the figures and possibly some of the panels. Looking through the parts on the FM kit it is obvious the amount of kit bashing done to build the original, there are at least 2 Hewland gearbox sections and several DFV engine parts before looking at tanks and planes!

I will remove the blades from the props and add the necessary bits to make them look like impulse/ion engines, I might try and recreate the interior to resemble the original with a round table and seating. I might even modify the bomb bay doors to be the access ramp.

Cheers,

Looking through the parts on the FM kit it is obvious the amount of kit bashing done to build the original, there are at least 2 Hewland gearbox sections and several DFV engine parts before looking at tanks and planes!

Kewl idea.

You'll find bits from a Hurricane and BF109, Ferrari engine halves, Porsche gearbox, various Panzer stuff.

On the Big 5 foot Falcon, they actually used Tamiya Lancaster bits, too. :D

Will keep an eye on this. :popcorn:

The intention is to recast some parts of the original and use them on the Lancaster, things like the exhaust ports, the figures and possibly some of the panels.

Falcon cockpit section grafted onto the Lancaster front fuselage?

No plans to mash them together, the FM kit is too rare to do that!

The intention is to recast some parts of the original and use them on the Lancaster, things like the exhaust ports, the figures and possibly some of the panels. Looking through the parts on the FM kit it is obvious the amount of kit bashing done to build the original, there are at least 2 Hewland gearbox sections and several DFV engine parts before looking at tanks and planes!

I will remove the blades from the props and add the necessary bits to make them look like impulse/ion engines, I might try and recreate the interior to resemble the original with a round table and seating. I might even modify the bomb bay doors to be the access ramp.

Cheers,

I almost fell over with shock thinking you were going to mash up one of those FM kits.. Money to burn?

But greeblies all over the Lancaster? Could work.

Will she make point 5 past lightspeed though?

Falcon cockpit section grafted onto the Lancaster front fuselage?

Enzo,

Sorry but I want to keep the shape of the Lancaster as true as possible so no grafting.

I almost fell over with shock thinking you were going to mash up one of those FM kits.. Money to burn?

No money to burn, I have a wife, two kids and a dog that do that!!

There are plenty of small panels that I can copy to add to the Lanc.

That'll be ten thousend in advance, old man.

Any one know how I change the title, as yet again I have spelt Millennium wrong! Dooh

Edit - spelt it wrong again!!!!!

Edited by Madmonk

Any one know how I change the title, as yet again I have spelt Millennium wrong! Dooh

Yeah, you scruffy looking nerfherder... everyone knows it's spelt Millellium :tease:

That'll be ten thousend in advance, old man.

Don't worry about it. I can't even say minnelium. :analintruder:

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.

So, Warren, are you going to make a lot of special modifications yourself. ;)

Sorry I have not added anything for a few days but as with all things we enjoy, work and family life get in the way. This week it has been mainly work!

I have taken some moulds off the FM kit but not happy with them so I have dug out the rubber mould compound and hopefully if I can escape work will remould a few bits.

Mark, there will be some mods but I want to try and stay loyal to the Lancaster shape. I do have some concerns about using the guns in the vacuum of space particularly with the large openings in the glass work!!!

Anyone have a 1/72nd scale holographic chess set I can use for the interior!!

Back to work for now.

Warren

In a word Dan, No!!

The last few days and evenings have been hijacked by work so all the good intentions have had to go by the way side.

I have managed to get a coat of primer and paint on the interior but that is all, grey paint not that interesting. I'm sat at the PC now, supposed to be working but thought I would check the postings as I had not been on since Sunday.

Hopefully I will get a work free evening tomorrow so I can do the mould making, pics will be provided.

After that there will be a couple of weeks break as we go on holiday, can't wait!

Cheers,

Warren

Madmonk...any pics of your wip to share..??

{The Romulan High Council wants to know..} :analintruder:

Regards,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

Well got some work done on ML yesterday evening.

Internal walls and equipment panels painted, still need to add some wires & pipes.

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I then set about moulding some of the bits I want from the FM kit.

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

The mould was left over night but I think the silicone rubber may have gone off as I would have expected it to be solid this morning but it is still soft. I will now leave it till I am back off holiday an hope it has cure by then.

Will hopefully get some wire and pipes in cockpit this evening.

As I have said before I want to keep it as true to the original shape of the Lanc as possible but will add some small additional details from the FM kit or scratch built. the radio station will be lost as it becomes the seating area and "chess" table.

Thanks for looking.

Warren

Your mrs is gonna kill you, you have spilt some behind the plant pot :lol: great job so far tho

Russ