The Reference thread

Col.

I'm using 163 and 164 - as the instructions say.

Are those airfix instructions by any chance :hypnotised:

I tthought the grey colour was more like 156, dark camoflage grey, but could be wrong :analintruder:

do not know the green though lol

Edited by alrite

• 3 weeks later...

A question about the desert sand colour applied to the Gulf War Jaguars. I presume this was applied directly over the two tone green/grey wrap around camouflage in a bit of a rush, hence the heavy weathering and stripping? The colour revealed by the flaking would be the original camo, which I'm assuming would have been applied to a much higher standard and hence be more hard wearing?

Best

Rich

Since I'm no expert on Brit planes (yet), can someone help me, what colours are used on grey/grey Jag Gr3s? I have mainly access to MM and Revell colours, but any other will do... I'm thinking of entering the GB in about 2 weeks when I finish my current two opened projects... I think I'll have enough time to build it by the end of April...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about using the original Airfix kit to build XW560, the first British prototype. The kit has markings for that airframe, but I'm more interested in the pilot - what was the well dressed BAC test pilot wearing in 1969? Was it the familiar RAF green flightsuit or would the earlier grey suit still be in use?

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I'm too late for the group build, but I'm building a T2 anyway and needing some pics of where the remove before flight tags fit on it, does anyone have any pics please? Sorry this isn't strictly a GB question, but figured this was the best place for it anyway. Thanks in advance! :)

I want to do a T-bird from 41 Squadron from 1993, and I was wondering if it would have the Chaff/Flare dispensers and the Photo-Recce pod on the centreline?

RAF T birds were not fully operational Daz, so no chaff nor Recce pods carried - standard fit was 2 x tanks and practice bomb dispensers.