The Reference thread

Col.

Gary and I thought there should be a thread specifically for this due to the sheer weight of knowledge available on the subject that's scattered through so many separate threads thus far.

So, if you have a question about or information to share on the Jag here's the place to share. :grouphug:

Gary and I thought there should be a thread specifically for this due to the sheer weight of knowledge available on the subject that's scattered through so many separate threads thus far.

So, if you have a question about or information to share on the Jag here's the place to share. :grouphug:

Hi Col. Maybe you could introduce the pics from my thread as a start? As far as my needs and wants go- I currently have a Neomega and Aardvark cockpit set. I actually really like the latter- seems a doddle to use and has a "true details" feel to it. But not being a Jagaholic until now there are quite a few differences- which one is best? they are both of a good quality.

Edited by Mentalguru

I currently have a Neomega and Aardvark cockpit set. I actually really like the latter- seems a doddle to use and has a "true details" feel to it. But not being a Jagaholic until now there are quite a few differences- which one is best?

Never seen or even heard of the latter Rich, but I have used the Neomega one which is bang on. Maybe you can compare the Ardvaark one to the Neomega one and if they both look ok, then go with one and sell me the other?

Hi Col. Maybe you could introduce the pics from my thread as a start? As far as my needs and wants go- I currently have a Neomega and Aardvark cockpit set. I actually really like the latter- seems a doddle to use and has a "true details" feel to it. But not being a Jagaholic until now there are quite a few differences- which one is best? they are both of a good quality.

You have pics on one of your threads? Uh oh, now I'm worried! :lol:

Why not let's see the two 'pits side by side so we can compare them mate?

Never seen or even heard of the latter Rich, but I have used the Neomega one which is bang on. Maybe you can compare the Ardvaark one to the Neomega one and if they both look ok, then go with one and sell me the other?

I got it from Martin- they are still available apparently and he still owns it at this present time sooo... I won't be selling it on.

Once I get this weekend out the way maybe I will be able to get some pics done- so that cockpit is totally black huh? so are we talking dark black- or light black- with dark shading to make the detail stand out, and a few dark washes to give it depth huh...

Edited by Mentalguru

You have pics on one of your threads? Uh oh, now I'm worried! :lol:

Why not let's see the two 'pits side by side so we can compare them mate?

Ok- when I get them back from Perry after photoshoping them... :hypnotised:

BTW- was that "mate" a Radio One style "Mate...?" As in "here we go then mates- ok plastic pickers, its eyes down for a full on Jagular spectagular..."

God I amaze myself- now just where did that come from.... :shrug:

Edited by Mentalguru

I got it from Martin- they are still available apparently and he still owns it at this present time sooo... I won't be selling it on.

Once I get this weekend out the way maybe I will be able to get some pics done- so that cockpit is totally black huh? so are we talking dark black- or light black- with dark shading to make the detail stand out, and a few dark washes to give it depth huh...

I was about to point out they're on loan from me, but Rich has beaten me to it :goodjob:

I believe the Aardvark set is now available from IanT's Heritage Aviation Models range - it's simpler than the Neomega set, but certainly looks the part when between the fuselage halves.

When I built a T2 using Neil's set a few years ago, I used RLM66 with black washes - it looked about right to me.

God I amaze myself-

Your not in a minority believe me - you need a check up from the neck up pop pickers!

And the Jag pit is BLACK - stop being perdantic, just start building. You've only got 5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days left.

LIGHTBULB - we need a count down clock for the Jag GB

Your not in a minority believe me - you need a check up from the neck up pop pickers!

And the Jag pit is BLACK - stop being perdantic, just start building. You've only got 5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days left.

LIGHTBULB - we need a count down clock for the Jag GB

And so Speaketh Mr "and heres one I prepared earlier- MUCH earlier...."

Actually, Martins two seat Jag was stunningly beautiful- but it died in an industrial accident courtesy of someone who shall remain nameless- and for once it wasn't me...

Edited by Mentalguru

Ok- when I get them back from Perry after photoshoping them... :hypnotised:

BTW- was that "mate" a Radio One style "Mate...?" As in "here we go then mates- ok plastic pickers, its eyes down for a full on Jagular spectagular..."

God I amaze myself- now just where did that come from.... :shrug:

Never thought I'd say this but - Mental, you think way too much for this time of day. :wacko:

I'm in the final stages of gathering references for my build of XX119 in the "spotty" orange and black retirement scheme. On the outer faces of the ventral strakes there is a name stencilled in white (Nick ???????? possibly?) on the port strake and a scroll on the starboard strake that the photos I have do not show clearly. I believe that the name and scroll were added after the roll out but before the first flight in the retirement scheme. I've searched UKAR but cannot find any close up photos of the strakes. Can anyone help me (and Doc Fester who is doing the same scheme for the GB) with a photo or two.

Thanks,

Ian

Those items you were on about the scroll and name are the painters and finishers at RAF Coningsby my dad has the photos of these he's into photography in a big way so I got him to cover the jet for me from top to toe so for my build when i get round to actually starting that one, I'll call him and see if he could put them in an email to me and I'll post them The Nick begins with Sgt I Think :confused:

Just came accross some photos I took on my mobile phone of a couple of Jaguar main legs off of the jet with no wheels etc on stands, if any1 wants them posting I'll upload them.

Sounds good to me Wardy, let's see them :speak_cool: