Hurricane Mk.1, Pilot Officer J.R. "Johnny" Cock, 87 Squadron

Here's build I'll be attempting.

2010_07310011.jpg

2010_07310012.jpg

Its the Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk.1 with the Eduard photoetched set, Quickboost resin exhaust set, Ultracast resin wheel bay set and the Aeromaster decal set that everybody else seems to be using as well. As the other two options on the sheet are being done by other people I'll be doing the Hurricane of Pilot Officer J.R. "Johnny" Cock of 87 Squadron RAF. According to the blurb on the instruction sheet the aircraft represents the aircraft used for his sixth victory, a night attack against a He 111 H-4 laying mines in the Bristol Channel, 26th July 1940.

Best of luck to everybody,

Nick

Edited by NickT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally able to report a bit of progress with the build. I've managed to get the Ultracast wheel bay fitted. Needed a bit of hot water the flatten the part out but it fitted pretty tightly in the end.

2010_09130001.jpg

The basic painting of the cockpit is now finished and i've added a bit of shading as well. Its all glossed and ready for some washes and hightlights before the details are painted in.

2010_09130002.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nick

2010_07310012.jpg

Quickboost resin exhaust set,

Hi Nick

hope not too late, those quickboost exhaust are the later type, not used on BoB era Hurricanes (but used on BoB Spitfires)

From the box art the hase exhaust are the right type though.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/mark_hay...cane_mk1_l1592/

right types shown here. While this is fabric winged, much detail is appropriate for your MKI , alu wheel wells, no circular core in radiator.

Last surviving Finnish Hurricane, note it's aluminium dope inside the wing, and probably the fuselage too, early hurricanes were not grey-green inside. The wing tip light for you as well. Using a clearer plastic does mean you may want to make the reflector/bulb, note the missing bulb here!

http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/referenssi_1536/

http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/referenssi_1295/

HTH

T

Hi Nick

hope not too late, those quickboost exhaust are the later type, not used on BoB era Hurricanes (but used on BoB Spitfires)

From the box art the hase exhaust are the right type though.

Troy,

thanks for that, checked up and you're absolutely right. The kit includes the exhausts of the right type, however at the IPMS Farnborough show at the weekend I managed to pick up a set of Ultracast resin exhausts of the right type so I'm back on track and at least I don't have to go back and correct things.

Thanks for the walk around links, very useful!

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 months later...

Sorry to say I'm going to have to pull out of this group build.

Due to certain events I've not been able to do much modelling recently and I'm a long way from finishing.

Good luck to everybody else.

Nick