Hairbrush A380 (Emirates)

Milo Black

Fourthed! (Is that a word?)

with something this size, it gets difficult to handle once the wings are attached

I'm only doing the A330 and that's becoming a problem, so I know where you're coming from!!

Thanks, guys. Good weekend on this, arriving here:

Port wing, with engines. Still needs some paint retouching around the pylons.

Progress2609_1.jpg

Fuselage now pretty-much decalled. Amazing how the decals bring the model to life... works every time.

Progress2609_2.jpg

Progress2609_3.jpg

So, with a push-fit of the wings, we now have this:

Progress2609_4.jpg

So really, the only remaining jobs are to attach the wings, attach the remaining gear, wheels and gear doors, add the final details (vanes, pitot tubes, winglets, all the easily-broken stuff), one last once-over to retouch the paint and then a final coat of Klear. I thought about weathering this.... but it's a relatively new aircraft, so I think I might leave it as-is. My weathering is always a bit crap anyway ;)

So, with a week left, it should be three finished builds for the GB from me. I'm hoping to have a "group photo" of the HP42, IL-86 and A380 to show next weekend :)

Heh.... there are a few versions of this around. The current Revell boxing comes with Lufthansa decals (from which this one was made - got the Emirates decals from TwoSix)..... but there's also a Revell "visible interior" version which would be right up your street, Kev :) ..... or for anyone wanting something a little bigger, Heller are doing this at 1:125 . That pushes the wingspan out from 55cm (at 1/144) to 64cm.... I don't have shelves that big, but if you do, then go for it ;)

Yep Kev1n, they did. It's been issued so far in Emirates, Airbus house colours and Lufthansa, along with the visible interior version. So that's six permutations just using the Revell kit and decals, then there's the after market Qantas, Air France and Singapore decals. Go on, get a bank loan, buy a huge house and fill it with A380s! :analintruder:

It's been issued so far in Emirates, Airbus house colours and Lufthansa, along with the visible interior version.

Yup - although the Emirates version now seems to be "out of print", hence my use of the (very good) TwoSix Emirates decals. Looking at the kit, these are all coming from the same moulds as far as I can see - I don't have two kits to compare, but there are locating ridges on the "standard" version that can only be for cabin floors and bulkheads in the "visible interior" version - obviously, they would mould one fuselage half transparent, and include extra spures for the interior detail. Also (as mentioned earlier), the window layout is generic - so not correct for the Emirates in-service bus.

This is all very well.... but when are they going to re-issue the Beluga! Me want me want me want.......

Go on, get a bank loan, buy a huge house and fill it with A380s! :analintruder:

tried that....but banks arent lending so people can buy huge properties for filling with models...

very strange.

I mean, I went in, said "HI!....I want x mill to buys loadsa models and a humongous pad to put them in....gimme"

Now - when I was little, I used to go with my Dad into his bank.

And they gave him money.

So I worked on the assumption that thats what banks are for; you go into one and they give you money.

Nobody ever siad anything about putting money IN first or having a big income.....

:(

I'm going to call this "Finished". I did think about calling it "Arnold", but that would have been too silly......

Finished_2.jpg

Finished_9.jpg

Finished_7.jpg

... and a "family snapshot" of my three airliners in this GB

Family_1.jpg

More snaps in the Gallery thread shortly.

Thanks for looking - enjoyed this GB, and thanks to Rich and Antony for getting it together.

Nooo, Ernie. It's gotta be Ernie....

But regardless, that's a fine family there, all of them are lovely builds and I love the A380! Her little brother will be along soon.....

Thanks, guys!

it's got to be called Doughnut, Scooper, Spring, Brains, Billie, Tiger or Sticks.

That took a little googling.... but of course, I went 'Doh!' when I figured it out :) If that came straight from memory, Cliff, then you are a very sad man - although an invaluable asset to the pub quiz team, I'm sure ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi there, sorry to bring up an old thread. Could I ask what colours/types of paint you used for the back of the engines? And are your windows clear or filled in, I can't quite see.. This model is great! Just trying to use it for reference for my BA kit!

Many Thanks!