1/72 BAe 146-100 CC.2

Just starting a scratch build and thought some of you might like to see the step-by-step process. Actually I have an ulterior motive. As I can't get a hold of any plans, I'm using the Revell 1/144 kit as a guide. If anyone can spot any errors along the way, I would be grateful of your comments.

Fuselage master. This is a solid former from which I will produce a mould and spring the fuselage halves

72146b.jpg

72146a.jpg

Edited by Blacktjet
  • Like 2

Check your e-mail

Thanks Chris, very helpfull. Now, if anyone has the MAP/Argus scale drawings (or knows where I can get them from), that would help. Flying surfaces should be ready this weekend.

But i need them for my 1/24 build, but if I can get any mesurements you need off them, PM me. The plans are for a 300 srs though but its the same exept a longer fuselage.

If you can scan the engines, that would help - I'm not convinced the Revell kit engines are 100% accurate

The Revell engines wouldn't be accurate as theirs is an RJ-85.

Garry

Thanks Garry. Hadn't got round to the engines yet -just had a quick look at the ones in the kit and didn't think they looked right for the CC.2. So the Revell 146-100 STA kit, has the wrong engines to model even this version!

Cor, can we all have one? ^_^

It will be available as a commercial kit. Probably Oct/Nov, followed by a 1/48 Dominie T.1 and 125 CC.2.

I found a supplier for the old MAP/Argus scale drawings. Anyone interested, here is the Link

Edited by Blacktjet

It will be available as a commercial kit. Probably Oct/Nov, followed by a 1/48 Dominie T.1 and 125 CC.2.

I found a supplier for the old MAP/Argus scale drawings. Anyone interested, here is the Link

Hi Blacktjet - how do you find myhobbystore for drawings? I am thinking of using them for some projects but don't like buying drawings blind!

Looking forward to the Dominie and HS.125!

Edited by coanda

Hi Blacktjet - how do you find myhobbystore for drawings? I am thinking of using them for some projects but don't like buying drawings blind!

This is my first order from this company. I'll let you know how it goes.

Plans arrived today, Wednesday (ordered Sunday). The only down side was the postage charge of £2.80! Though this price may be the same, for a number of plans ordered at the same time. The plans arrived folded in a polythene A4 envelope, so well protected from the rain but at the price charged, I would have expected the plans rolled in a tube.

Edited by Blacktjet

The Revell engines wouldn't be accurate as theirs is an RJ-85.

Garry

The Revell kit was actually originally issued as a BAe 146. The RJ85 kit is the same plastic I believe. There was something corrected in the RJ 85 kit but can't recall what it was, perhaps the engines?