Interflug-A380 (finished)

Micha

Micha,

Thanks for your help my friend, email fired off to Revell, so we shall have to see to what happens now :pray: It cant be that hard to find a clear sprue the fits a complete a model kit range :doh: hang on this is Revell we're talking about :rofl:

Keep up the good work my friend.

Bexy

... hang on this is Revell we're talking about :rofl:

unfortunately ... yes ... it is :(

I press my thumbs for you (in Big Britain you'd say "I keep my fingers crossed") and I wish you a million tons of good luck!

btw ... I fixed another Revell-fault at my Airbus ... the middle landing gear:

The middle landing gears were too short. I've made one by one a bit larger and luckely it's not to see from above or from the side because of the flaps :pray:

The right middle landing gear is already fixed. I made this yesterday. The left one of the middle gears is still too short:

thumb_vorher.jpg

Today I fixed the left landing gear:

thumb_nachher.jpg

Edited by Micha

unfortunately ... yes ... it is :(

I press my thumbs for you (in Big Britain you'd say "I keep my fingers crossed") and I wish you a million tons of good luck!

btw ... I fixed another Revell-fault at my Airbus ... the middle landing gear:

The middle landing gears were too short. I've made one by one a bit larger and luckely it's not to see from above or from the side because of the flaps :pray:

Micha,

At the moment Ive got my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed :rofl:

Im soooooooooo glad I opted for legs up on my big bird, but yet another good save my friend :worthy:

Bexy

Sweet decals!

yeah ... and that guy accepted a Bitmap ... I didn't need Coral Draw or any other expensive software for this :thumbsup2:

the decal work is the heaviest part of all :(

How to overlay an Airline sign with a different coloured door if the door itself has got the same colour like the sign?

First I stuck the huge INTERFLUG sign to the plane. Then I've cut off the upper part of an original A380 door decal and stuck it on. And at last I've cut off the lower side of my self-made A380 doors and stuck it on the plane.

Here's the result:

thumb_seitentuer.JPG

And then I realized that my self-made flag curve was too tight :(

I had to cut it in 4 parts and pooled them together again.

thumb_flaggenbogen.JPG

Will see if I can paint it a bit later by black, red and gold with a thin brush.

and it's going on now....

Edited by Micha

Micha,

Looks like youre having as much fun with the decals as I am my friend, Ive just finished the black walkway lines on the wings, had to cut them into 3 as theyre just way too long and fiddly :doh: All in all the stencils, windows and doors are hilarious :suicide:

Bexy

Looks like youre having as much fun with the decals as I am my friend, Ive just finished the black walkway lines on the wings, had to cut them into 3 as theyre just way too long and fiddly :doh: All in all the stencils, windows and doors are hilarious :suicide:

fun? What's so funny on that decal crap I've got? :(

no ... I hate Revell's decals. They are crappy. If you don't cut them all you'll destroy them. It's a bloody mess! :rant:

fun? What's so funny on that decal crap I've got? :(

my mistake......... I was being sarcastic my friend :thumbsup2:

I solved the window-decal problem ... and it looks great :)

Youre right, that does look good Micha, and the way youve done the doors works well with the Interflug logo :thumbsup2:

Bexy

my mistake......... I was being sarcastic my friend :thumbsup2:

I know ;)

It's ok ... you won't believe it ... but Germans do understand funny things and sarcasm ... well ... mostly East-Germans because they grew up under a social dictator ... that alone is a lot of fun :D;)

Youre right, that does look good Micha, and the way youve done the doors works well with the Interflug logo :thumbsup2:

Thanks, Bexy :kissing2: ... yeah ... I really like those doors. It's been a hard work and it cost at least four Lufthansa doors (that doesn't matter because I don't need them) ... but the hard work paid off :thumbsup2:

Tomorrow I'll do the same on the other side ... it's nearly blank yet ;)

I know ;)

It's ok ... you won't believe it ... but Germans do understand funny things and sarcasm ... well ... mostly East-Germans because they grew up under a social dictator ... that alone is a lot of fun :D;)

Cool :thumbsup2: It mustve been an interesting way of life to say the least, but, Ive only ever had the West's point of view on it, and my Dad, who was in the army was stationed in Berlin during the 70's hasnt said much about it either!!!!

Thanks, Bexy :kissing2: ... yeah ... I really like those doors. It's been a hard work and it cost at least four Lufthansa doors (that doesn't matter because I don't need them) ... but the hard work paid off :thumbsup2:

Tomorrow I'll do the same on the other side ... it's nearly blank yet ;)

I look forwards to tomorrows update and the finished model, this is gonna look impressive :worthy:

Bexy

Cool :thumbsup2: It mustve been an interesting way of life to say the least, but, Ive only ever had the West's point of view on it, and my Dad, who was in the army was stationed in Berlin during the 70's hasnt said much about it either!!!!

I look forwards to tomorrows update and the finished model, this is gonna look impressive :worthy:

Bexy

I love E Germany...not keen on the west, but so much miss the East (esp the girls n beer lol)

i had never heard of interflug, so 2 days ago i looked up on wikipedia. quite interesting

we had a joke about our last state chief Erich Honecker and the sun (not the newspaper!) ;)

In the morning Honecker is sitting at a table in his yard. He looks to the sun and says "Good morning, dear sun!". The sun reply: "Good morning, dear Erich!". Everything's fine.

At noon Erich takes his lunch and looking to the sun again he says: "Enjoy your meal, dear sun!". The sun - a bit bored - reply: "yeah. hi Erich."

Erich doesn't wondering why the sun seems to be bored.

In the Evening, Erich is sitting at his table in the yard and looks to the sun again and says "Good evening, dear sun!". But the sun doesn't reply. He says again, a bit louder: "Good evening, dear sun!". No answer. Erich is now wondering about the sun and want to know what happened: "Dear sun! What's going on with you?"

... and the sun reply: "Suck my balls, Erich! I'm in the west now!"

:D;)

I hope, my English ain't to bad to understand the joke.

Edited by Micha

we had a joke about our late state chief Erich Honecker and the sun (not the newspaper!) ;)

In the morning Honecker is sitting at a table in his yard. He looks to the sun and says "Good morning, dear sun!". The sun reply: "Good morning, dear Erich!". Everything's fine.

At noon Erich takes his lunch and looking to the sun again he says: "Enjoy your meal, dear sun!". The sun - a bit bored - reply: "yeah. hi Erich."

Erich doesn't wondering why the sun seems to be bored.

In the Evening, Erich is sitting at his table in the yard and looks to the sun again and says "Good evening, dear sun!". But the sun doesn't reply. He says again, a bit louder: "Good evening, dear sun!". No answer. Erich is now wondering about the sun and want to know what happened: "Dear sun! What's going on with you?"

... and the sun reply: "Suck my balls, Erich! I'm in the west now!"

:D;)

I hope, my English ain't to bad to understand the joke.

i know that joke, and a few others that the W and E germans say about each other...

Actually last year when i lived in Dresden, i found a german comedien quite funny on tv and i liked that police programme, forget name, but maybe had cobra /kobra in it...

Actually last year when i lived in Dresden, i found a german comedien quite funny on tv and i liked that police programme, forget name, but maybe had cobra /kobra in it...

Alarm für Cobra 11 - Die Autobahn-Polizei (Alert for Cobra 11 - The Autobahn Police) ... that's running all over Europe ... except the U.K. and Ireland :P;)

But I don't like that series. Everything's faked <_<

It's running on RTL (FreeTV on 19.2.east)

Edited by Micha

Alarm für Cobra 11 - Die Autobahn-Polizei (Alert for Cobra 11 - The Autobahn Police) ... that's running all over Europe ... except the U.K. and Ireland :P;)

But I don't like that series. Everything's faked <_<

It's running on RTL (FreeTV on 19.2.east)

genau ;-)

my last german ex had that game for her console... but each day she would watch unser uns? a tv soap, i quite liked that show (no i didnt, i used to fall asleep on her while she watched it lol)

genau ;-)

my last german ex had that game for her console... but each day she would watch unser uns? a tv soap, i quite liked that show (no i didnt, i used to fall asleep on her while she watched it lol)

"Unter uns" ...that's a soap of our public pay-tv ARD. That's one of all the million reasons why I don't pay that public TV fee!

But there's a much worse and much more boring soap on RTL: "Gute Zeiten - Schlechte Zeiten" (Good Times - Bad Times ... or like the turkish people in Germany say: "ALDI open - ALDI closed" :D;) ) ... that's running for 20 years now and it's the real horror for every married man!

Once I had a girlfriend which was an actress of that series. But I did never like that boring soap :sleep_1:

btw ... :offtopic:;):D

"Unter uns" ...that's a soap of our public pay-tv ARD. That's one of all the million reasons why I don't pay that public TV fee!

But there's a much worse and much more boring soap on RTL: "Gute Zeiten - Schlechte Zeiten" (Good Times - Bad Times ... or like the turkish people in Germany say: "ALDI open - ALDI closed" :D;) ) ... that's running for 20 years now and it's the real horror for every married man!

Once I had a girlfriend which was an actress of that series. But I did never like that boring soap :sleep_1:

btw ... :offtopic:;):D

ah too true. thursday night here, on cable tv is a new series and first episode in DDR (tv clip showed western photgraphers looking at SU-22's flying and taking photos) so i will watch that..

ah yes i can say and understand good times, bad times in german, but i would have totally made a mistake in spelling it, just like the german word for sorry/excuse me

back on topic....never built a civilian airliner at all, but looks interesting. maybe one day i do