Interflug-A380 (finished)

Micha

Micha,

She is looking superb my friend :worthy: Shes definately a big bird alright :yikes: Im so glad I decided to do mine legs up, I wasnt too keen on how complicated it was, and it didnt seem that strong either, what a stupid way to build under carriage for sucha big model :tapedshut: I just wish Id paid more attention to your thread and filled my windows too :doh:

Keep up the good work my friend :thumbsup2:

Bexy

thanks Bexy ... but at the moment she doesn't look so pretty :(

I've made the same mistake again like I did earlier on my Boeing 727: I haven't waited until the colour was dry :( And now there are thin fissures in the fuselage :(

Does anyone have a tip for me how to remove those fissures without to remove the whole paint? I made this last night on my Boeing 727 (Pan Am) but it went terribly wrong :(

thanks Bexy ... but at the moment she doesn't look so pretty :(

I've made the same mistake again like I did earlier on my Boeing 727: I haven't waited until the colour was dry :( And now there are thin fissures in the fuselage :(

Does anyone have a tip for me how to remove those fissures without to remove the whole paint? I made this last night on my Boeing 727 (Pan Am) but it went terribly wrong :(

Oh bugger, I know exactly what you mean, my Louise did exactly the same thing with a 737, unless someone else has a bright idea, our only solution was to sand down and start again :banghead:

Bexy

Oh bugger, I know exactly what you mean, my Louise did exactly the same thing with a 737, unless someone else has a bright idea, our only solution was to sand down and start again :banghead:

Homer_D

That's what I did yesterday on my Boeing 727 ... nearly the whole structure was lost after that :crying:

Know it well my friend, Im no good at rescribing either, so, Louise lost her temper and just sprayed it black afterwards....... Oh her airliners always end up funny colours :rofl:

Bexy

would you post some pictures of those funny jets? ;)

Here ya go Micha :coolio:

Heres a few of my Louise's colourful jets......... I hope you have sunglasses :coolio:

Her A380:

yn8bjr.jpg

yrg4qe.jpg

yrg4q4.jpg

yrg4qg.jpg

And you can just see her red & purple Fokker 100 and her rainbow coloured 737-200 lurking in the back ground too.

Bexy

I rescued the A380! First I sanded the ripped areas a little by a soft sand paper. Then I took my old disinfection spray which I used during my dialysis time, sprayed the whole Airbus and wiped it with tissues for over 5 minutes. And today - after 12 hours waiting time - I sprayed the Airbus again in white colour by the rattle can. The result looks pretty nice so far.

What has happened today?

I sprayed the A380 again. I fixed the front gear. I added the outer middle gears.

That's the fixed front gear ... fixed by two plastic strips side by side attached.

thumb_DSC03357.JPG

Unfortunately, the middle gears are one millimetre too short :(

I guess, I will make the outer both a bit shorter soon.

thumb_DSC03354.JPG

You don't know how to enlarge my photos?

Just click on one photo above, then click the wished thumb on the following page and then click the normal picture again to make it giant.

To close the giant view of the photo just click it again.

Edited by Micha

Thats a good save on all counts there Micha my friend :thumbsup2: Im glad its not just me that has problems with Airliner landing :doh:

Bexy

yeah, Bexy ... I'm really happy about the rescue!

It's a mess with all those manufacturing faults :(

Sometimes the gears are too short and sometimes they are to long <_<

Take a look into the Cockpit ;)

I also painted the stabilized front landing gear...

thumb_DSC03379.JPG

from now on it's only fine tuning ;):D

thumb_DSC03382.JPG

Edited by Micha

Enjoying your build, and hate to nit-pick - but I'm doing one of these at the moment, and I think the v-shaped part (apologies for the lack of technical vocabulary) should be at the front of the nose gear rather than the back?

Like this

... 'course, Interflug may have had them made the other way around, for reasons of their own ;)

I know what you mean :D

But the A380 is a bit different. I build all landing gears right after the manual. And on the linked picture above you can see the same front gear like that scaled version on my A380.

Edited by Micha

Hi Micha,

Managed to sneak off to Macdonalds to ask your help.......... Ive had a reply from Revel, but surprise surprise the Emirates kit has been deleted and they cant cope with that, so, could you leave me a note in my thread with the kit number of your Lufthansa A380 please so I can reply to them with it........ it should start 04237- but its the last 4 digits I need :thumbsup2:

As for yours, shes looking mighty fine friend, great rescue job youve done there :thumbsup2:

THanks my friend :yahoo:

Bexy

...could you leave me a note in my thread with the kit number of your Lufthansa A380 please so I can reply to them with it........ it should start 04237- but its the last 4 digits I need :thumbsup2:

done :)

Good luck!!! :thumbsup2:

:D :D :D

the A380 is nearly complete ... I'm now waiting for professional decals ... my own were poo-poo :(

I asked two decal shops and still await an answer.

First I asked the Drucker-Onkel (printer uncle) in Germany but no reaction so far ... so I now asked that decal shop in the USA where I bought the PEPSI-Concorde decals and Interflug-TU154M decals. Will see what he says.

EDIT: Drucker-Onkel (Printer Uncle) did answering and the decals are on the way! =)

That's great!!!

Edited by Micha