Bf 110 G-4 1/48 eduard

Hi,

I have started a new project the Bf 110 G-4 in 1/48 from eduard. I intend to built the aircraft from Heinz Schnaufer which is the succesfulliest nightfighter. Unfortunally I have no pictures of his trusty G9+EF. So if anybody could help out I would be very pleased.

So far I finished the cockpit area.

The front cockpit is built as proposed.

L1040137.jpg

L1040012.jpg

There is the room for the crew. The special night vision instruments are still missing because they are above the cockpit level. The "schräge Musik" (jazz music) is also missing for the same reason.

L1040016.jpg

L1040038.jpg

L1040042.jpg

The seat for the second and third man on board need some improvements. First picture showes the kit version, second the real one and the third picture showes the improved seat.

The front thing is etched brass from ABER and the rear is homemade woven tape from AIZU.

L1040118.jpg

L1040119.jpg

L1040125.jpg

Here is the complete thing

L1040133.jpg

L1040134.jpg

Meanwhile the fuselage and the wings are glued together and I am fighting with the reconstruction of the panel lines and the rivets.

• Like 1

That looks like a great start.... I'm building a 'C' as part of the BoB 70th GB and look forward to seeing yours take shape. I doubt mine will look anywhere near as good though.....

An impressive 'office' you're creating there, Boelki! I'll use it as an inspiration – I just added the Eduard Bf 110 G-4 to my stash as well, but I'm going to build it as one of the mounts (2Z+FR) of my favourite nightfighter, Wilhelm 'Wim' Johnen. Btw, his book 'Duel under the stars' is a very good read.

Looking forward to following your progress with this one!

Best,

Joachim

exellent work so far,especially on the seats. just one observation though ,you seem to have positioned the throttle levers(i think thats what they are ,the yellow topped ones) pushed forward as if in the "full power" setting.

is this normal ? i know nothing about the bf 110 so just a casual observation

Hello to Glasgow,

yes they are on full throttle (like on pictures I have seen at Hendon....)

But meanwhile I realized the yellow outer one should be removed because they are not installed on G-models. Will be a fidely job to remove....

By the way the fixing of levers is much easier when you drill a 0,3 mm hole in the slots of the console.

Boelki

Hi Boelki,

I've built G9+EF (Promodeler) and used the CE decals. If you PM me your email addy, I'll scan the CE artwork for you, if it is of any use.

Regards,

Dave.

Morning Dave,

I'm a great fan of Schnaufer and his beloved G9+EF but I've never been able to find the CE decals; the kit and decal manufacturers always seem to model C3+BA that he flew for a few times but never scored any victories. I'd be interested in a scan of the CE decals if possible please, my e-mail address is roadsterATnildram.co.uk

Many thanks

Max Williams

Edited by galgos

Hi together,

I could not resist to move the throttles back to idle and remove the outer levers (for priming) which where not installed in G-models.

L1040332.jpg

Yours Boelki

• Like 1

gorgeous build so far... nearly got the BF110 weekend edition (and an FW190 W/E too) but missed out at the last minute on evilbay... think I would like to try one of the Eduard 1/48 kits so will watch this with eager eyes......

Hi Sid,

yes there are Decal from Peddinghaus BUT this is 3C+BA (this is Schnaufers last aircraft) and I would like to built G9+EF because this is the plane which he had reached most of his successes. Additionally 3C+BA is equipped with FuG 218 Neptun and I prefer Fug 220 (a very nice brass model from Schatton is still on my desk).

Yours Bölki

Edited by Boelki

• 3 weeks later...

Almost obsessively detailed as the Eduard Bf 110 G-4 is, there is one small but vital item that seems to have been omitted from the kit – a gunsight for the pilot to aim his Schräge Musik!

References are not that easy to come by, but after trawling the internet, I managed to dig up the drawing below.

ReviBf110G-4.jpg

Please note that the Revi 16N reflector gunsight has been 'split' because of space constraints. The basic gunsight is mounted behind the pilot and the actual reflecting glass is positioned on a bracket further forward, just above his head.

Hope this may be useful.

Best,

Joachim

Hi,

does anybody know the angry bunnies from eduard? If not visit the eduard website and watch the newsletter. I think the bunnies are sitting beside my desk and are complaining about the failures in the kit.

Actually I have to change the shape and wideness of the blades from the props. When you compare with the original pictures you will realize that difference.

This is the way it should look:

L1040405.jpg

Here is the original and the changed prop:

Me_Prop.jpg

To fare for today – I am still busy with the fuselage/wing surfaces. Especially the fuselage needs some further improvements.

Yours Boelki