Last of the Gunfighters

Hi Guys Here's my latest offering. The kit is a Hasegawa made straight from the box, plus an Aeroclub Martin Baker Mk 5 seatand Microscale decals. Flaps and slats were simply cut from the wings and glued in the extended position.

thanks for looking,

Ron

crusader13.jpg

crusader5.jpg

crusader6.jpg

crusader8.jpg

crusader9.jpg

Very, very nice indeed! Yep, agree with Daz, those USN machines do look rather good! Isn't there some issue about not being able to display the canopy open without some surgery on that kit? If so, you've obviously overcome the problem!

Very, very nice indeed! Yep, agree with Daz, those USN machines do look rather good! Isn't there some issue about not being able to display the canopy open without some surgery on that kit? If so, you've obviously overcome the problem!

Thanks Mark

No surgery, but a bit of a tricky fit. The canopy only just engaged into the seating, and it took a few attempts (and curses) to get it to fit

Ron

A pretty nice model all round there Ron.

As a major crusader buff I do have a few points for you (for everyone I have spoken to Ron and he is happy for me to post these)

F-8E 149170 is a bit of a rare beast in that it was an F-8E at this time without the avionics hump. There were a few in Sqn service as far as I can tell all with VF-33.

Not sure how much if this is missing from the decal instructions; 149170 did not have a metal exhaust can it was painted. The Modex was fully on the top wing. There also appears to be stripes (with black stars) on the end of the wings extending onto the leading edge slats. These can be seen in the Ginter book on page 64 where there is a top view of this aircraft as it takes the barrier on the Enterprise. Lastly there is no evidence in the photo that the gun ports were painted dark grey as the decal instructions tell you to.

Even decal compaines dont always get it right!

Julien

Edited by Julien

Hi Guys Here's my latest offering. The kit is a Hasegawa made straight from the box, plus an Aeroclub Martin Baker Mk 5 seatand Microscale decals. Flaps and slats were simply cut from the wings and glued in the extended position.

thanks for looking,

Ron

crusader13.jpg

crusader5.jpg

crusader6.jpg

crusader8.jpg

crusader9.jpg

I spotted your deliberate mistake, "Last of the Gunfighters" and its got missiles on it! (Only Joking!)

A Lovely representation of one of my favorite Fighters!

Selwyn

Oh, me like, me like a lot.

Sadly the Crusadaer, and Corsair (jet) are holes in my USN stash that need filling.

Lovely work

Dave

A pretty nice model all round there Ron.

As a major crusader buff I do have a few points for you (for everyone I have spoken to Ron and he is happy for me to post these)

F-8E 149170 is a bit of a rare beast in that it was an F-8E at this time without the avionics hump. There were a few in Sqn service as far as I can tell all with VF-33.

Not sure how much if this is missing from the decal instructions; 149170 did not have a metal exhaust can it was painted. The Modex was fully on the top wing. There also appears to be stripes (with black stars) on the end of the wings extending onto the leading edge slats. These can be seen in the Ginter book on page 64 where there is a top view of this aircraft as it takes the barrier on the Enterprise. Lastly there is no evidence in the photo that the gun ports were painted dark grey as the decal instructions tell you to.

Even decal compaines dont always get it right!

Julien

DOH !!!! :doh: