Revell's 1:72 Sopwith Triplane FINISHED

Deacon

Well I said that I was going to crack on with builds for other GB's, but I've got the bug after making the SE 5 and the RE 8.

So, I am going to try to get this finished before the end of the GB. I started this build as I was making up the RE 8, honest.

Box shot and two photos of the stage I am at now.

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

I am hoping this will be a quit quick build, not so much rigging for starters. :D

I notice in the photographs the middle wings didn't seem too straight so that has now been sorted.

Cheers

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

I wasnt planning on letting any more entries into this one and just encouraging people to wind up their current builds (i know i need to) but as this ones so small and fast im not sure. Sadly my other group build host is having to take time off so im on my own on this one.

I wasnt planning on letting any more entries into this one and just encouraging people to wind up their current builds (i know i need to) but as this ones so small and fast im not sure. Sadly my other group build host is having to take time off so im on my own on this one.

Well that scuppers my plans of starting a Sopwith Pup build next week! :D

Consider me well and truly encouraged to get this build finished on time. :pray:

Cheers

Deacon

Deacon, there is no rule that will disallow you from building or complete your build. We have never put a cap on entries times in any previous GB and I see no reason to start now.

Olli I know this is your show but I feel your ruling to be unreasonable. Deacon or anyone else for that mater either builds and finishes before the end of the GB or he fails to complete in time, simple as that.

OK, this is where the build is at close of play tonight.

Triplane001.jpg

Triplane002.jpg

Sorry about the quality.

Tomorrow I will be adding the rigging and might see this build finished on Tuesday.

Cheers

Deacon

Well, here is the finished build.

I had a near catastrophe as I was trimming the ends of the rigging. The plane fell out of my hands and headed for the floor. Thinking quickly I closed my legs so it would fall in my lap. Only, I wasn't quick enough and managed to sandwich it between my thighs. There was a audible crack and I feared the worse. However, I could see no structural damage, but the sharp eyed amongst you will see some threads aren't as taught as they should be.

Anyway, here it is.

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7385.jpg

and two shots of my four RFC builds. The DH.2 was made prior to this GB.

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone.

C&C welcomed.

Deacon

Deacon: That's a smart looking RFC airforce your building...

Cheers,

ggc

RFC Tribute quartet looking excellent...big fan of the Triplane