1/32 AH-1G Huey Cobra

Build thread is HERE! (click)

Used loads of resin parts from Cobra Company and Fireball Modelworks, together with FM's excellent decals. Painted with a mix of acrylics, enamels and pastels. I reckon it's the canopy that makes it, a singularly wonderful vacform piece from Werner's Wings.

The first pic is courtesy of Farnborough IPMS site :wub:

db_Alan_Purusram_Huey_Cobra1.jpg

Here are some more pics of the finished article which hopefully convey the extra details I've added with the resin and scratchbuilt details in the cockpit and airframe.

c38b836e-cc03-45c1-9388-2255bb667f7a.JPG

d39d7a09-1a4c-4c9c-83dc-a3b0eef47fc8.JPG

535fad24-0e78-48d3-b6d8-e655378beb89.JPG

a0b51e05-d666-44db-8cf2-b4f6b1ae195a.JPG

95b68755-60c7-464c-b539-69cca272c3ef.JPG

2b153844-4baa-4b9f-822e-699efe3c1ca1.JPG

Finally got that modeller's block out of the way.....

Cheers,

Al

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1

Crikey - I know of the Revell beast of which you speak - and I'm impressed by the outcome - very nice!

Assume you've replaced the canopy, amongst other things?

Iain

EDIT - Doh - I *really* should read posts fully before applying digit to keyboard - I'd not have asked about the canopy. But - yes - makes a big difference :)

Edited by 32SIG

Gorgeous Cobra, love the setting.

Wow! Fantastic looking Cobra.The decals are excellent,the cockpit looks superb and the air cav(I presume) character has been finished well.Great stuff.

Amazing! just great work, not really into American Choppers, unless of course they are in Army Air Corps, RN or RAF colours, but this is a real teaser, looks great.

I really don't get it sometimes, I totally missed the entire build thread! I always use the "View New Posts" options when I come onto BM, but missed your thread one all together!

Thanks very much for looking, and the very nice comments :heart:

It's a great feeling to rehabilitate a kit that's older than yourself! I look forward to trying it again.

Edited by PHaTNesS