RAF Refuelling Set

I bought a few of these "mutliple" sets and have been delving into them, slowly but surely. Here are a few photos of the build so far for the Refuelling set.

All the main paints so far have been from the new Humbrol Acrylic line, which I am still trying to figure out the thinning ratio to distilled water, for airbrushing. But so far I am liking them a lot.

I have also applied a PF Dark Brown wash. Still have to glaze the windows, and add the detail painting before I can say finished.

I have tried several photo setups, but for some reason the yellow on the Bedford continues to be washed out, so you will have to take my word for it that it looks OK in real life.

AX_Refuel_001.jpg

AX_Refuel_002.jpg

AX_Refuel_003.jpg

AX_Refuel_004.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

That's the way I understood it, hence the MM ones :ditto:

If anybody can find a photo of a Bedford QL refueller with booms being used during WW2, I'd be glad to see it. I've spent ages trying to find onein books or on MT forums and have come to the conclusion that they were only used post war. I have plenty of photos of the QL 950 gal. tanker without booms in wartime service, though, and none had Mickey Mouse camo which was applied over MT Brown or green but not Sand.