Revell Concorde

To continue the theme, here is another classic British airliner (ok, half French!) and this, of course, is Concorde.

In 1977, British Airways and Singapore Airlines shared a Concorde for flights between London and Singapore International Airport via Bahrain. The aircraft, BA’s Concorde G-BOAD, was painted in Singapore Airlines livery on the port side and British Airways livery on the starboard side. The service was discontinued after three return flights because of noise complaints from the Malaysian government.

This is the Revell kit with, yet again, those gorgeous TwoSix decals. The kit is far from finished though, as there are a myriad of stencils to go on from the kit’s decal sheet.

Hope you like her and as always, criticism welcome!

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great!

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about building a Concorde at the moment. I may need to get hold of one soon -_-

Edited by saffie

Hi Mark,

Lovely build!

I have the TwoSix BA/Singapore decals in 1/72 scale which I'm planning for the Airfix Concorde at some stage in my life to build.

Hope mine turns out half as good as yours!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Sidders

Nice build, Mark!! It sure looks much nicer by painting the windscreen, rather than relying on the clear parts coke-bottle like thickness.

I'm actually working on an aircraft noise related project right now, and you can make Concorde do a lot of things, but making it quiet is not one of them.

Still, such a cool aeroplane.

Cheers,

david

Thanks all for the nice comments!

How on earth did you get that Singapore tail decal over the rudder jack fairing ?

With a lot of patience! Oh, and some MicroSol and a hairdryer! They did crack in a couple of places and TwoSix thoughtfully provide some rectangular patches that can be cut and used to cover the affected areas.

Lovely build of a great airliner.

I had this kit and the Airfix 1/144 and was amazed to see all those decals on the Revell sheet (I did not end up building the Revell kit but did get the Airfix kit done in the AF Pepsi markings). So I wish you luck with getting all those decals on. I am sure it will turn out a beaut when done.

Paint and decalling look great at the moment Mark.

:cheers: