Some of my work

zipper

Cheeky, the street scenes are when I went out with the Royal Dragoon Guards with a reporter for a London newspaper (they borrowed me as only phot in theatre at the time) and the other patrol ones are out on the ground for three days and two nights with the RAF Regiment.

Glad you took it in the spirit it was meant! Serious about the nice phots though.

Dave

Eh up Ash,

Cracking photos mate, any chance of a Gr4 walkaround? Hope your keeping well and nice and cool, get back safe and buy some more kits!

See you soon bud

Adam

Glad you took it in the spirit it was meant! Serious about the nice phots though.

Dave

Its all good military banter/humour Dave, plenty of it between all three services :D thanks mate, Ashley

The first shot of the troops in the Merlin looks like a steal from Aliens... was number 4 on the right told to look like he was having a kip? ;)

Also, the camo seems unusual, although it could be a function of the B&W shot - is that the new Multicam-esque stuff that was supposed to be coming out soon?

Thanks Pilgrim_UK, it really is quite a contrast between them both.

Eh up Ash,

Cracking photos mate, any chance of a Gr4 walkaround? Hope your keeping well and nice and cool, get back safe and buy some more kits!

See you soon bud

Adam

Nice and cool mate, its between 40-50 degrees dependant on where we are but used to the heat now, be patient my young padawan the Tonkas will follow soon.

I'm all good for kits for now, as theres so much to do when I get back and I'll probably start again after the Nationals.

Take it easy mate and see you soon.

The first shot of the troops in the Merlin looks like a steal from Aliens... was number 4 on the right told to look like he was having a kip? ;)

Also, the camo seems unusual, although it could be a function of the B&W shot - is that the new Multicam-esque stuff that was supposed to be coming out soon?

Hi Mike, nope, just as it happend didn't pose them at all as I wanted to capture it reportage style. The Camo is the new style that is slowly trickling through, so half of us are in the desert scheme and half of us in the new type, I will upload an image of the new style for you all to see.

Cheers, Ashley

Hi Mike,

As promised this is the new Camo scheme thats slowly filtering through.

AUAB-10-144-OUT-UNC-068.jpg

Heres some general Aviation ones that I have seen around on my travels, and theres a lot more to photograph.

DSC_6686.jpg

DSC_6085.jpg

Osprey.jpg

Osprey2.jpg

DSC_5466.jpg

AUAB-10-175-OUT-UNC-002.jpg

AUAB-10-175-OUT-UNC-026.jpg

AUAB-10-175-OUT-UNC-044.jpg

And I saw this in the distance yesterday so hopefully I will get up close to it soon, never seen a Mil Mi-26 "Halo" before, it's a beast and a half.

Mi-26.jpg

Enjoy :)

Really nice work Zipper !! Keep your head down and stay safe, when will we see some pic's of all those kits you keep beating me to ?? ( LOL !! ) :analintruder:

Ditto from me too. Nice work mate, looking forward to telford, soon come around again

Take care out there mate

Dave

Ashley.

Firstly Thank you for the AMAZING, SUPERB photos.

Secondly say THANK YOU to the guys that are serving the Queen and Country and for their Services. :goodjob:

Thirdly Keep cool and BE safe out there.

Thank you for sharing some really BRILLIANT photos... :speak_cool:

HOUSTON :pilot:

I'm all good for kits for now, as theres so much to do when I get back and I'll probably start again after the Nationals.

He should be, I am going to relieve him of some ££ at Telford :evil_laugh:

I really like the shots of the V-22, shows some great staining on the engine pod.

Your night shots of the Hercs are really great as well.

Julien

what sqn where the rock apes you where out with ,ex 3 sqn myself ,brought back a few memories ,did the same :shit: around Basra ,can remember that they gave all the local villages around

the GDA different RAF airfield names due to local names being unpronounceable to your average thick rock!! cold in the morning isn't it!!

we once had a photographer (female)attached to us when on exercise in wales,at end ex we where huddled soaking wet into a sheep pen ,the smell was unbearable ,then she decided to get

changed into dry clothes ,sudden outbreak of vomiting ensued :sick: (she was a bit on the large side) didn't like it when we where taking her photos :photo: (cant imagine why :whistle:)

never did see any pictures from that day so the guys in these shots must be well chuffed!!

excellent shots btw !

we once had a photographer (female)attached to us when on exercise in wales,at end ex we where huddled soaking wet into a sheep pen ,the smell was unbearable ,then she decided to get changed into dry clothes ,sudden outbreak of vomiting ensued :sick: (she was a bit on the large side) didn't like it when we where taking her photos :photo: (cant imagine why :whistle:)

:rofl: Brilliant!

It was II Sqn that was out here and also II(AC) Sqn with the Tonka's so did a massive group shot for them as it was the first time they were in theatre together, about 250 people with a Tonka and two of the Regt Coyote's in the background taken from a great height on a cherry picker.

:rofl: Brilliant!

It was II Sqn that was out here and also II(AC) Sqn with the Tonka's so did a massive group shot for them as it was the first time they were in theatre together, about 250 people with a Tonka and two of the Regt Coyote's in the background taken from a great height on a cherry picker.

ex craphat on two balloon myself ,any chance you could post the picture?

might know some faces!

Zipper, where were those Dutch F-16 shots taken? My thinking is that they're the ones deployed to Afghanistan right? Very nice to see a Falcon with proper armament. Back in the days we only ever saw them with the stupid dummy stuff. That paveway or whatever it is (not really familiar with the bits that go boom) really looks the business. Thank you for sharing and do be careful out there!