Some of my work

zipper

Zipper, where were those Dutch F-16 shots taken? My thinking is that they're the ones deployed to Afghanistan right? Very nice to see a Falcon with proper armament. Back in the days we only ever saw them with the stupid dummy stuff. That paveway or whatever it is (not really familiar with the bits that go boom) really looks the business. Thank you for sharing and do be careful out there!

Looks like a Paveway IV to me.

Nice F-16 shots I did not know the Benelux guys were out there.

Julien

Lovely shots Ashley :speak_cool:

Anyone know why the Dutch and Belgians are using AIM-9's, Where's the air threat? :shrug:

Rich

I've read a discussion on this before somewhere. I seem to recall something about there being fatique issues on the wings if they don't have 'something' on the tip rails, so if you have to carry 'something', it may as well be live??!! My own personal opinion is because they can & it looks cool.....!! B)

Great pics again Zipper, thanks for sharing

Keef

• 1 month later...
... and what pod that is under the port wing?

I've been reliably informed by my stores ''expert'' that they're "..TERMA pods, latest and classified self defence system for the

sandbox, Harriers are carrying them too on their belly pylons, although the pod is a different shape."

Agreed on the pics, lovely stuff!! I'd also like to see a close up of the Wokkas nose art!

Keef

Just another few updates for you over the last week or so on what I have been up to on my travels.

There was a new 39 Sqn Reaper delivered to Theatre

AUAB-10-224-OUT-UNC-023.jpg

Yep, thats her in the big box

and then watched them launch for anther sortie over Afghanistan

AUAB-10-223-OUT-UNC-037.jpg

AUAB-10-223-OUT-UNC-116.jpg

AUAB-10-223-OUT-UNC-006.jpg

F/A-18C Hornets from VMFA-312 Checkerboards including the CAG Bird

These two aircraft were involved in a TiC, Troops in Contact and the CAG Bird popped up first while his wingman stayed in the TiC, than half an hour later after the CAG Bird had popped down back to the TiC the wingman pitched up, very low on fuel he made a stab for the basket, but missed, he grabbed it on the second attempt, after refuelling he went off and joined in the TiC again.

AUAB-10-240-OUT-UNC-713.jpg

AUAB-10-240-OUT-UNC-667.jpg

AUAB-10-240-OUT-UNC-737.jpg

AUAB-10-240-OUT-UNC-756.jpg

first attempt

AUAB-10-240-OUT-UNC-799.jpg

and breath

• Like 1

nice. I like the BW pic of the four soldiers sitting abreast especially, the chap on the moped and the stand of sunflowers.

May I use the soldiers as my desktop foto?

You have one bloody awesome job there sir! I'll have a flash drive waiting for your return!!

Fantastic photography!!

Adam

WOW!

Where do I start, I love the reaper, great shots and love the bomb art!

AMX's are outstanding you dont see those very often.

B-1, man thats big, you lucky so an so!

Love the Hornets as well.

As the others here have said you definatly have an eye for the right photo my friend :photo:

As much have as we have all loved your work it will be great to see you back in blighty

Julien

Ashley,

Some stunning shots there - i've only just come across this thread! I do envy your access but you have some cracking shots! Can alsway take you over to the mach Loop with your old man when you have time if you fancy it?

Hope the rest of your tour goes well. I will unfortunately not be able to meet up at the nationals this year; I'll be photographing Seals with a few of my mates so cannot make it

Be Safe

James V

• 2 months later...
F/A-18C Hornets from VMFA-312 Checkerboards including the CAG Bird

These two aircraft were involved in a TiC, Troops in Contact and the CAG Bird popped up first while his wingman stayed in the TiC, than half an hour later after the CAG Bird had popped down back to the TiC the wingman pitched up, very low on fuel he made a stab for the basket, but missed, he grabbed it on the second attempt, after refuelling he went off and joined in the TiC again.

Wow, awesome shot. Like the others have said thank you so much for sharing. Now, somebody need to do these marking in 1/32. That is just way too cool.

Mike

May I ask how were you able to take this shot? Looks like it was taken hand held. Did you have enough light or did you increased the ISO? I'm learning to take good photographs and have bit of a problem with evening shots. I have to resort to using a tripod. Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Mike