SAS Jeep Crew

Mike

SAS Jeep Crew

1:35 New World Miniatures

boxtop.jpg

In association with

hljlogo.gif

This figure set should fill a little niche very well, portraying a pair of very informally dressed SAS soldiers, that would pass equally as desert rats if the need arose. Although they're stated to be "jeep crew", they could equally be adapted to any seated pose with minimal effort, as the poses are quite relaxed and lifelike.

The figures are supplied in the clear plastic box fronted by a picture of a completed set expertly painted and placed in a suitable jeep. The figure breakdown is typical, consisting of torso with integral head, 2-part legs (to achieve the natural seating angle) and separate arms. The be-sandled chap has separate feet, and a bayonet in its "frog" is also supplied to titivate one of the figures.

Sculpting and casting is exceptionally crisp, with very realistic folds to the clothing, webbing and their Bedouin head dresses. Both chaps are wearing handsome beards and suitably period moustaches, and have rather regal, serious expressions on their faces, as befits Britain's premiere soldiers of the day.

crew.jpg

The parts are provided complete with supports to the casting blocks, which help the caster to obtain the best results with minimum wastage, but will require them to be removed and the surface sanded back smooth. Something that took me only a few minutes.

There were a couple of very small pinhole bubbles evident in places on my sample, but these would be very simple to fill with Vallejo putty. You will need to fill and sand back the ankles of the sandal wearing soldier, but as the gap is pretty tight - one foot was a push-fit on my sample - it shouldn't be too taxing, and may well be a job for the Vallejo putty again.

The full-color photo of the finished articles is your painting guide, and painting should be quite easy because of the crispness of the moulding. With care in posing and painting these figures, they should add greatly to any British vehicle model.

Conclusion

A new figure company to me, but based on this figure set, I would heartily recommend them, and look forward to seeing more of their output. If the sculpting follows this vein, they will quickly garner a good reputation.

Review sample courtesy of hljlogo.gif

I have the LRDG set and if they are anything as good as them you are in for a treat.

they released another figure which would go well with them.

The figures reviewed would go quite good with the legend figures.

Edited by Pilgrim_UK