Kev's....delayed

Kev1n

I like my nails long...

1) good for opening envelopes

2) good for modeling work

3) good for scratching people's eyes out when they upset me (sound of manic laughter)

more pics up soon, hopefully around next weekend - the cockpit is now almost done, bulkheads re-worked and detailed

fwd entry and galley being done now

next will be the rear galley area.....

I like my nails long...

3) good for scratching people's eyes out when they upset me (sound of manic laughter)

I've always thought that I've been blessed with an ability to read between the lines - now I'm thinking that this ability could be taken away from me if I pull any more photoshop stunts ?

:analintruder:

• 2 weeks later...

ok.....more work done...

actually Iwanted to post these two weeks ago but I had flu....so there's a few to look at -

002_2.jpg

cockpit bulkheads rebuilt

There's a bit of guesswork with a lot of the bits n pieces but the coathanger shaped thingy is...er...a coathanger.....and no its not painted on either (thats the pilots closet it's hanging on btw)

005_5.jpg

captain's cockpit window open...

I might open the other one as well, helps view the interior

009_9.jpg

test fitting the almost complete forward area....the bit below the floor is the compartment where the airstairs live when retracted

010_10.jpg

forward door area - the airstairs slide out fromunder the door

MORE IN A BIT !! :)

Edited by kev1n

mmmore picsss.......

014_14.jpg

galley bits, ready to be installed....gotta feed those hungry pax

016_16.jpg

aft galley interior

018_18.jpg

forward galley, with curtain...

024_24.jpg

main entry door - looks a bit better now with the carpet laid...

023_23.jpg

aft galley with curtain....the blank space in the cabin itself will be filled......

025_25.jpg

the cabin by the rear galley - the windows will have the shades pulled down, same as the outside obvo (duhhh) which will explain why you cant see through them...

028_28.jpg

test fitting a couple of seats - these wont be seen but I wanted to check them for size etc. they're a bit small but they'll do :)

031_31.jpg

seats in....some of them wont be seen I just wanted to makes sure I had enough

032_32.jpg

peer in there, they can be seen :):):)

034_34.jpg

so just to illustrate the point 1

033_33.jpg

so just to illustrate the point 2....

004_4.jpg

legs....cables and deflector plates scratch built from stretched sprue and plastic card

026_26.jpg

and....if your wondering how big it is.....not very:)

I'm enjoying doing this, tho I'd enjoy it a lot more if I hadnt had flu....having to push myself a bit because of the bug....

:analintruder:

and.....

the change of mind!!

I was going to build a DC9 to go with the MD80 but my local club has an "Africa" themed night coming up so I'm going to build a 1/200 scale DC10 instead....

not quite so much detail but a bit.....

039_39.jpg

040_40.jpg

rear cargo door and fwd door bulkhead

042_42-1.jpg

size comparision between thre 1/144 MD80 and 1/200 DC10

043_43qualitycontrolinspection.jpg

supervisor's quality control inspection....

the bits and peices still need a bit of tidying up and one or two are a bit rough, I'd like them to be neater,but they'll do for now

unless I change my mind again.....

"...Filled in windows on the DC10?"

errrm....yeah....I was tempted to do a complete interior but I need to get this built so there isnt time.

This time.

Next time, maybe....

"...No attempt to open up the pax windows on the MD80 even with everything else open?..."

its a minicrap kit - it doesnt have open windows. If it did, I probably would have done a complete interior

but I dont have the tools or the skills to drill out all the windows.

"...Next thing we know you'll be posting pictures of bright shiny finished models!..."

most of my models are bright....and shiny....and finished (ok mostly).....

you mean clean.....its for SAS...sure they arent especially clean but this one.......wait n see

:)

"...Kev, you are one sick puppy..."

told you, I've had flu...the koffing....the spinning head...the runny nose.....the vomiting....the diahorrea....it's all been there

:(

my flu is clinging on - I'm having a relapse so havent done anything to either for the past couple of days...

if this keeps up, I probably wont get them done in time :(

and why is BM so slow atm - idk if its posting or not....seems not

It is slow, now get well and get on with it! Your interior detailing is really effective - seats, galley cupboards, even coathangers! I'll be really disappointed if you don't have a full suite of SEP equipment under each crew seat! :lol:

As for your Africa theme - I was in Angola the other day and saw their very shiny 777s in a rather nice red/orange scheme, it would make a great subject....

angola777.JPG

....now get well....

As for your Africa theme - I was in Angola the other day and saw their very shiny 777s in a rather nice red/orange scheme, it would make a great subject....

the getting well part would help

Find me a decal and I'll have a go :)

I'll try most things at least once....

Hi Kev1n,

the MD80 is coming out really nice and interesting with all that internal detail.

I'm sorry for your change of mind, would have liked an Alitalia DC-9 ... though that Ghana Aw livery is really very colorful!

Fabio

OK, I give in..... You win!

That, Kev1n, is absolutely stark raving mad, but what an amazing interior! Very inspiring and superb work. I could never have the patience to do all that, but I might just get the A380 with visible interior, just to get a whole drawer full of 144th scale seats!! I love the attention to detail, the coat hangar, the catering trolleys in the galley, the curtains etc.

Kev, this is a masterclass in scratchbuilding!

"I'm sorry for your change of mind, would have liked an Alitalia DC-9 ..."

I'm still doing the az '9...only substituted the '10 coz of the club's africa theme night.

Not wanting too many on the table at one time - I have too many started as it is and the bug I got hasnt helped...

getting these two done by oct 3 is pushing it a bit.

"...internal detail..."

there's the EXternal detail to be done yet

"...little in-flight magazines for the seat-backs..."

if the seatbacks could be seen, I would have

For an aircraft which has a visible instrument panel shroud, I'd do a mini manual titled "How to fly this aircraft"

"...your skills are hurtin' me !..."

why? I'm not that good - really, I'm not. There isnt anything revolutionary or radical about any of this stuff.

Except possibly being the only airliner builder who does it.

...and it's very basic stuff, just a bit of time with plastic card, stretched sprue and a sharp blade, measuring and cutting.

Anybody could do it.

Most military buildiers do it and is my stuff any smaller than a 1/72nd scale spitfire cockpit?

Have a go......:)

"...You win!..."

I do?

cool :):):):)

what have I won?

....and if you've got the patience to do all that sanding on a massive conversion kit that doesnt fit, you could do the same as me

and probably better.

I'd LOVE the A380 with the interior - 3 or 4 actually, one to build and the others to have the seats etc for other modelsw :)

wanna buy me one? Or three?

thanks for the kind comments, I appreciate it. Hopefully my tropical alien infection has gone away never to return

I can get on with these now - I do feel a bit better atm so thats all good

:)

EDIT -

"bonkers"

"...mad..."

ok I admit these

Edited by kev1n

• 2 weeks later...

doesnt look like I'll get either done by sunday :(

thats what happens when you lose time through some alien disease hitting the planet....

doesnt look like I'll get either done by sunday

Yes you will and you'll work all night tonight to do it..... Just like I'm probably going to have to do... :(

I've done one of those already........

apart from the deadline itself, on Monday I go to hospital for an eye op so I'm not going to be doing much of anything for a few days next week :(

So its Sunday....and I'm notgoing to get these finished by tonight...

There's a small chance the Ghana DC10 might be done but I wont be doing anything tomorrow of probably for a few days this week, dont think I'll feel much like doing anything after going under the knife :(

dam flu....