Hellcat Mk.I Eduard 1:48

having just finished a USN HEllcat this caught my eye - love the finish you have on this kit - and your photography rally does it justice (must get mine photographed and posted in RFI).

Absolutely beautiful in every respect. Work of art! That's the kind of weathering I try (and fail) to go for, but when I see it pulled off like that it makes more determined. Spot on!

Wow! That's a really nice build Arkady, and great painting and weathering too. The photography does it justice, looks like a much bigger kit, like 1/32 or something. The Vector resin engine jumps out at you as well, doesn't it, nice bit of detail. :thumbsup2:

That is a real beauty.......it looks like a real aircraft!!!! One of, if not THE Best Hellcats that I`ve ever seen..its absolutely stunning!!!

Could you send me the £5 that you promised me for the above to.......only kidding :whistle: .......wonderful model!

Cheers

Tony O

Once again thanks for comments!

Because in the final model, the excellent Vector resin engine is not very visible, I would like to show some pictures of the engine prior to installation.

Hellcat014.jpg

Hellcat012.jpg

Hellcat013.jpg

Nice job Arkady, Particularly with the additional rivet work!

Did something go wrong with the antenna post on the vertical fin, or does the FAA use a different W/T arrangement than the US birds?

One other thing i am noticing a LOT with these Eduard builds: Seems most people are building the model without the Drop tank. It it causing problems??

Well Done!

david

Did something go wrong with the antenna post on the vertical fin, or does the FAA use a different W/T arrangement than the US birds?

david

This antenna should not be at all - my mistake. FAA aircrafts did not have it.

One other thing i am noticing a LOT with these Eduard builds: Seems most people are building the model without the Drop tank. It it causing problems??

Hard to say, I just quit out of it.