Omani Jaguar

rdxtnt

Hi Gary,

funny you should mention the pitots mate. I recieved the tools I ordered on Friday and spent hours in the workshop perfecting the set up. As you may have seen on my forum, my initial trial was way oversize, and after measuring the real thing and scaling it down I had to change my approach somewhat. They are now being made from stainless steel, as aluminium was too weak and they were breaking off at the waisted portion. :wall: I am currently working on my initial batch and pleased to say I'm having much more success, and they are looking quite nice. :whistle:

I should be ready to start taking orders towards mid week as I am now back at work and my spare time is much restricted. I will start a separate thread on my forum when they are ready to go.

Keep up the good work mate. Keep posting the piccies!

Regards

Andy :)

I am currently working on my initial batch and pleased to say I'm having much more success, and they are looking quite nice. :whistle:

I should be ready to start taking orders towards mid week as I am now back at work and my spare time is much restricted. I will start a separate thread on my forum when they are ready to go.

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to seeing the finished items :speak_cool:

Gary - did you follow the paint refs from the MA decal sheet - and what make did you use?

Gary - the two colours quoted on the MA decal sheet are BS381C:361 Light Stone and BS381C:350 Dark Earth. I like to use Xtracrylix and both of these colours are available in their range although the :361 Light Stone is called British Gulf Armour Light Stone. Personally I thought it looked a tad too dark after I had applied the first coat so I lightened it up with a light overspray of an acryllic sand colour I had knocking about (Games Workshop Bubonic Brown in this case............. lovely name that isn't it! ) After a gloss coat and then doing my panel lines with oil paint straight from the tube it darkened everything a tad more and I ended up with the finished result. Hope it looks about right.

Gary :)

• 1 month later...

Yeah i totally agree, very nice looking Jag.

I cant wait to see the model all wheeled up.

Finished detailing the undercarriage. Can't say it was an enjoyable task but I'm glad I made the effort as they look a whole lot better now. Also spent some time beefing up the insides of the airbrake doors with plastic card. Getting close to completion now. Still got to add most of the pins and flags to weapons, tail-hook, etc.

csc_0010.jpg

csc_0012.jpg

Added a couple of lenses to the nose-wheel door, in place of the kit landing lights.

csc_0008.jpg

New pitot courtesy of Andy(Brooksy) and photo-etch ladder from Neil at Paragon. A few probes still to be added to the nose.

csc_0028-1.jpg

csc_0010_00.jpg

csc_0025.jpg

dsc_0011-1.jpg

I'm currently building a Flightpath 1000LB LGB to be fitted to the centreline pylon, so will post final photos when that has been completed and all the bits and bobs have been wrapped up.

Cheers,

Gary :)