Getting out this GB...

Erwin

Hi,

After my accident with the Revell Fokker last evening,I decided that building WW-1 planes with the difficult rigging involved,is realy nothing for me.

For those that didn't read my explenation before I deleted the topic.

In short.The whole lot dropped to the floor when I was holding the upperwing to do the rigging.The struts broke and the rest came down .Breaking almost everything that could be broken.

Total FUBAR

My interest is WW-2.So I shall stick to that from now on

My prizedonation still stands ofcourse.

Hi,

After my accident with the Revell Fokker last evening,I decided that building WW-1 planes with the difficult rigging involved,is realy nothing for me.

In short.The whole lot dropped to the floor when I was holding the upperwing to do the rigging.The struts broke and the rest came down .Breaking almost everything that could be broken.

Total FUBAR

Mental note to myself; don't hold the Galdiator by the wings!

Mike is right Erwin, try again later, prove to yourself you can do it and don't be beaten!!!!

Erwin,

It's sad to think that that one episode will put you off building some of the most beautiful aircraft in the history of aviation.

The same thing happened to me once when I was rigging the aileron control cables on a Fokker Tripe. The bloody thing slipped out of my sweaty palms

and landed tits up on the floor. Multiple wing fighter soon became a new mono type Fokker :wacko: I did manage, after calming down, to put her back together again. Rather like that big fat bugger who fell of the wall... You know the one.

A good WW1 fighter to get your teeth into is the up and coming Roden 1/48 Junkers D.1 all metal Monoplane (first of its kind). Not a bit of rigging to hamper you. Plus, the camo is sooo cool.

Good luck in whatever you build.

Bob

Hi,

Total FUBAR

My prizedonation still stands ofcourse.

Sad to hear that Erwin, you could always convert it into a diorama, "Crashed Fokker", just a thought, but I'm having a series of mishaps with my SE5A, whether I will get it finished remains to be seen, any way good luck.

A good WW1 fighter to get your teeth into is the up and coming Roden 1/48 Junkers D.1 all metal Monoplane (first of its kind). Not a bit of rigging to hamper you. Plus, the camo is sooo cool.

Good tip !