Airfix 1/350 Trafalgar Class SSN

Dads203

Working in Faslane im gonna make mine as an 's' boat in particular HMS Splendid a few modifications but shoudnt be to difficult

Hi

Please post details of your build here, I seem to recall from memory the S class was quite different from the T class boats, but maybe it was mainly the internal layout, it was a few years ago.

Drawings of the S class are hard to find, I worked in Devonport SRC,(... to many years...) and I am hoping to build a complete 'example of class' set of the boats I worked on for refits, etc.

The old V & C's, I need to do will be a bit difficult.

Cheers

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

'T' boats were designed around the 'S'class submarines, The outside dimesions are not even meters in differerance. The one huge differance is the rudder !! the rudder on 'S' boats are smaller than they are on 'T' boats (small S, Tall T)

The insides of the T boats are vastly superior to the S boats with lessonds learned in the S boat build and opperations.

So i think to make the model into an S boat when i get round to it shouldnt be to difficult, most of the details are all in around about the right areas just a few fills and moves

D

Edited by donaldmackenzie

Hi

Amazing what is now on the net in public domian.

cheers

Jerry

There was a program on the discovery channel a few weeks ago where they discovered the Uboat that first had this technology, U480. It was very successful on it's first mission but fell prey to mines on it's second. There was some film of the tiles being made and the concept of how they worked. There was also a crewman interviewed who tranferred off after the first voyage and could describe how effective the technology was.