Lancaster PD259

Hello all, I've been away for a while with work.

If you remember I was building a 1/48 Lancaster for this years Waddington Airshow. The model depicts PD259 JO-G of 463 Sqn and will be on display with recovered artefacts from the real aircraft, most of which I helped out in retrieving.

If you are coming to the show please pop in and say Hi, we are in the North End of 5 Hanger.

On with the images:

P1040376.jpg

P1040379.jpg

P1040380.jpg

P1040381.jpg

P1040382.jpg

P1040383.jpg

P1040384.jpg

P1040385.jpg

P1040386.jpg

That diorama really does set her off very nicely indeed! Looks like you've made the most of the physical size of the thing as well as the level of detail, looks like a very impressive model and I bet that is even more the case when seen in person. I'm still loving the fuel truck by the way, reminds me of the old Airfix refuelling set (though obviously that was 1/72)...

thats awesome:)

(btw, you should photoshop the garden fence out....would be a brill set of pics :))

Looks great Mattie, you've done her proud. My 467 squadron Lanc PO-L is progressing well but sidelined for the while with another Bf110G-4! How did you get the yellow outline to the squadron codes - decals or handpainted?

Regards

Max

PS I was going to come up on Sunday and hoping to do some research in the HC on Monday but I'm told the files I want to look at aren't sorted or catalogued yet, so another day!

Edited by galgos