1/72 Hasagawa T2

speedy

I intend to droop the flaps and slats, and may venture into a landing pose with the parachute out. Photo's to follow.

Edited by speedy

I intend to droop the flaps and slats, and may venture into a landing pose with the parachute out.

Drag chutes - a man after my own heart. I'd love to try that one day but I've always bottled it when it comes to working the chute out - good luck!

After the incident with my "canopus" Comet, i started the Jag.

Obligotry box shot :analintruder:

Jaguar004.jpg

Cockpit assembly as per the instructions, Tub, instrument panel, stick all painted Grey (Revell Color (M43)), followed by clear varnish on the instrument sides where the decals go. Decals on, then flat sprayed. Picked out the instruments with a toothpick and clear varnish.

Airwaves Seats - removed seat belts and painted + weathered. Painted pilots, then dry fitted. The pilots don't actually fit, so some amputation was the order of the day!. As you can see the arms need to be fitted yet. I glued the cockpit into the T2 fueselage last night, as there seems to be no space at all, before i put the front jockey in. Very frustrating as you can't see any of the detail i spent a whole saturday doing :angrysoapbox.sml:

Jaguar011.jpg

Jaguar009.jpg

Jaguar008.jpg

Jaguar007.jpg

Edited by speedy

Good progress so far Speedy, never realised Hasegawa kitted the T2 with those decals.

Err they didn't i painted all of it :whistle:

Progress so far:

Main body glued together and Airwaves wing attached (not a bad fit, only a little bit of filler required).

Jaguar004-1.jpg

Glued the main cockpit together and there doesn't seem to be much room. I dry fitted the canopy and the pilots are too tall, so they've had their thighs shaved and all is now well.

Jaguar003.jpg

Jaguar001.jpg

Cut off the parachute cone and drilled out the parachute anchor point.

Jaguar005.jpg

Will pause a bit now, as i need to get some wire from my LMS, so updates to follow.....

Progress over the weekend:

Intakes glued together and i cut out the doors and replaced them with plasticard, slightly open.

Jaguar012.jpg

Then started on the fin. Cut off the "tube" on the leading edge and cut back the antenna as its a V shape (from above) where as the kit is a solid piece across the rudder. Put the clamps on to encourage the plastic to got back to a straight edge, as after cutting it was bent out slightly.

Jaguar013.jpg

Went to my LMS on friday and bought metal tubing. Have inserted the tubing into the body of the model (through a pre-drilled hole). Its a smidge to thick, but i need the rigidity.......compromise?

Jaguar014.jpg

Jaguar015.jpg

Intake glued onto main body after painting primer on the insides, and painting the faces of the intakes (black). Not to sure on the acuracy of the primer; perhaps yellow might be more appropriate, but its looks OK? - what do you think.

Jaguar017.jpg

All sanded down and blended in on the intakes and wing/body join - just needs a wash. Tail fin now attached and (not in this photo) instrument binacle painted black.

Jaguar016.jpg

I've got all the wiring for the parachute, now just trying to find the best compromise for the parachute material.

I know your the man on the scene down there, but the inside of the air intakes are the same colour as the exterior. I was looking at one of the ETPS Jags only the other day and the RW&B striping is continued inside the air intake - at least as far in as you could see.

I know your the man on the scene down there, but the inside of the air intakes are the same colour as the exterior. I was looking at one of the ETPS Jags only the other day and the RW&B striping is continued inside the air intake - at least as far in as you could see.

Ah. See from memory(!) i thought it only went slight down the inside. I was aware the RWB went on the inside but not all the way down. Will have to do some searching, unless somebodys got a photo. I'll go and speak to a contact - wait out.

Edited by speedy

Went through all my photo's last night. Finally found a decent photo. The RW&B does go on the inside, but ends at the first flap, then seems to be white from there on in. I am going to repaint the primer, as its definately more of a yellow than the stuff ive painted it with.

Gary thanks for the nudge as i probably wouldn't have thought much of it.

Going great with the build, just a question are you gonna add another jockey into the front seat??? If not I hate to bring bad news but the jag T-birds were flown from the front seat in single man config with the back seat stapped.

Also as you've modelled the aux intake doors open engines running the only way to start the Jag T-birds was from the front seat. Sorry just abit of info. Sorry

An idea for the parachute is to make a hemisphere to be vacformed,but add rectangles to the master to correspond with the design of the parachute.

On the vacuformed piece the rectangles would stand proud of the hemisphere shape.

Then sand these off leaving rectangular gaps on the hemisphere shape.

The other option i thought of is using a tradional lemon/orange squeezer and using that as mould. Shape a suitable piece of net curtain onto it using a PVA/Future mix to harden it.

Edited by Gwart

The other option i thought of is using a tradional lemon/orange squeezer and using that as mould. Shape a suitable piece of net curtain onto it using a PVA/Future mix to harden it.

Then add 1,000,000 lengths of fine thread :wacko: Actually, I like the sound of that

Going great with the build, just a question are you gonna add another jockey into the front seat??? If not I hate to bring bad news but the jag T-birds were flown from the front seat in single man config with the back seat stapped.

Also as you've modelled the aux intake doors open engines running the only way to start the Jag T-birds was from the front seat. Sorry just abit of info. Sorry

Wardy, yet mate there is going to be a chap in the front seat, just haven't got round to dry fitting yet. Rear seat chap had to have his legs cut off and his bum & thighs thinned for the canopy to fit!, yet still giving the ejection seat the right height.

An idea for the parachute is to make a hemisphere to be vacformed,but add rectangles to the master to correspond with the design of the parachute.

On the vacuformed piece the rectangles would stand proud of the hemisphere shape.

Then sand these off leaving rectangular gaps on the hemisphere shape.

Gwart - I've bought thin metal rods from my LMS. These are easily bent just by folding over themselves. I was just going to do it by eye or a tennis ball or something smaller?. Go round the market and look for some material that suites and spray water on the material inside the contraption - hoping it would weight it, to give the stretched material look, then laquer or spray glue so it would retain its new shape........ We'll see. I am inspired by the phantom i saw at Nationals last year.

Sprayed the primer on and noticed and couple of issues (now addressed) and resprayed. I will paint the frames of the canopy by hand, so its going white soon then i will add all the gubbins. I intend to attach the flaps last so i can get the red strip correct, or else they will be in the way.

Jaguar019.jpg

Jaguar018.jpg

White coat next.......

I love this one. I was thinking of doing the same scheme after my Mohawk. I was looking through another website when this caught my eye....I then thought of you.....

Aircraft Resource Center

Model Article Archives

Su-27 by QC Tan.

For some reason I can't seem to link the page, but have a look on the site - gallery - SU-27 - page 2.

Good hunting.

This is looking good Speedy. Should be impressive when finished, love the scheme you've chosen too.

I love this one. I was thinking of doing the same scheme after my Mohawk. I was looking through another website when this caught my eye....I then thought of you.....

Aircraft Resource Center

Model Article Archives

Su-27 by QC Tan.

For some reason I can't seem to link the page, but have a look on the site - gallery - SU-27 - page 2.

Good hunting.

This is it ( I think!)

>>Making drag chutes article<<

• 2 weeks later...

Back working now after the school holidays. Painted the Jag white, and then masked and sprayed the blue. Last night tail and wing tips painted red - just letting it rest now. Have received my primer paint, but its bloody thin acrylic stuff and this seems to be slowing me up a bit. :suicide: