Airfix FAA Corsair made for a photo edit

Heres my Airfix FAA Corsair that i did purely for a few go's at photo edits.

Built OOB with a couple of little refinement like sanding all the rivet and panel lines off then just using pencil to redo it all. Not perfect by any means but it was just to have a go at photo editing. Oh yeah...I had to mould my own canopy as i screwed up with the kit one! :confused:

DSCF1187.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

Just a pic to show how i screwed up with the kit canopy. I tried to form over the kit one, but it ended up a mess so i did a plug from Milliput and that turned out much better!

DSCF1136.jpg

Finished result!!

Opgoodwood.jpg

Based on the Airfix box art. Done with PSP and Bryce

Another using the background from the Airfix Hawk artwork. This was just a test run. the decals had not even been put on, i scanned the decal sheet and cut and pasted, thats why the side marking look a bit strange!

Corsairedit.jpg

Considering that you`ve used the old Airfix kit you`ve made a fantastic model there and the colours are JUST right!! I love the photo shopping too....it brings the model to life...wish I could do that!!

All the best

Tony O

Thanks guys! Its amazing what you can do with Photo editing software. I'm not a pro or anything just do a little mucking about to see what i can come up with. Would not mind doing it for a living actually but then again ...don't think i'm good enough....It would be nice tho!

The top pics background was done with a 3D programme called Bryce. Trouble with it is you can do such a lot of stuff with it it can become addictive!

I'm thinking off doing one with an old kit i have of the old Airfix Typhoon IB. Something along the lines of Typhoons at Faliase Gap.

• 4 weeks later...