RV_A6E_001_012.jpg

RV_A6E_001_013.jpg

Wingfold close-up

RV_A6E_001_014.jpg

Cockpit close-ups

RV_A6E_001_015.jpg

RV_A6E_001_016.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Caz says that's very good. I have to agree with her ;)

Was the front cockpit glass tinted already, or did you do it? Those wing folds of Neil's are rather nice too :)

Caz says that's very good. I have to agree with her ;)

Was the front cockpit glass tinted already, or did you do it? Those wing folds of Neil's are rather nice too :)

Thanks to you both :cheers:

The glass was masked off inside and sprayed with highly thinned Tamiya Clear Green, in about 6-7 light coats. I do this for my F-14's so I have had a bit of practice :)

Neils wingfolds are exquisite, unfortunately Mr Thumbs here managed to screw up the assembly from step 1. Thats why its taken 4 months to build, trying to make it look OK, then I find out although they were in use at the time depicted in this scheme, the Marines never modified their Intruders with the composite wingfolds :wall:

Neils wingfolds are exquisite, unfortunately Mr Thumbs here managed to screw up the assembly from step 1. Thats why its taken 4 months to build, trying to make it look OK, then I find out although they were in use at the time depicted in this scheme, the Marines never modified their Intruders with the composite wingfolds :wall:

We won't tell ;)

Mr Thumbs... I like it :lol:

Another inspiration Mr. Mullen. I would like to propose that Misters Flory, and Mullen names be changed to indicate modelling machines in the middle.

Hi andy

Raising the bar up another couple of notches

:worthy:

chris

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Could do with some RBF's here and there to put the icing on the cake.

Maybe at a later date I will go back and add some, but for now just glad to have it "finished" :)

Nice work, how did you go about the panel lines, I've got 1 of these and an old Monogram Prowler collecting dust,due to this major task.

The majority of the raised panel lines were recscribed using a combination of the >> Hasegawa Line Engraver (fine) <</ OLFA Cutter / Needle in a pin vice and Verlinden Scribing Templates / metal rules / Draughtsman Eraser template.

Here is a post I made over on ARC using the Revell B-52 as an example. Works the same on the grey plastic, but not as vivid as the green.

here's one method I used on my B-52.

I used the edge of a draughtsman eraser template and gently scrapped off the panel lines. Fortunately being green plastic the result was different hue were the line used to be. I found this method also handy on other colour plastic (Revell Monogram F/A-18 - blue plastic), but not yet encountered a grey one yet.

Some pics.

Before...

Revell_B52D_010.jpg

scrapping with template

Revell_B52D_011.jpg

after - note the different colours

Revell_B52D_012.jpg

scribing

Revell_B52D_013.jpg

result

Revell_B52D_014.jpg

and after sanding - mistakes tend to stand out more as well

Revell_B52D_015.jpg

HTH

Edited by Andy Mullen

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Maybe at a later date I will go back and add some, but for now just glad to have it "finished" :)

The majority of the raised panel lines were recscribed using a combination of the >> Hasegawa Line Engraver (fine) <</ OLFA Cutter / Needle in a pin vice and Verlinden Scribing Templates / metal rules / Draughtsman Eraser template.

Here is a post I made over on ARC using the Revell B-52 as an example. Works the same on the grey plastic, but not as vivid as the green.

here's one method I used on my B-52.

HTH

Thanks for the info, this does help.

That's tremendous.well hung as well

In certain circles (y'know prudes) here in the colonies, that statement would be considered........cheeky :D

Edited by Darkflyer