Jaguar GR1 & Jaguar T2

Gary West

I picked up my 1/72 Jag tonight and got started on it again- its not far off painting- UNLESS- I decide to fit the Paragon resin flaps that Neil so kindly donated to the cause.

But I dont have any instructions to go with them- I know it should be simple- but on the inner flap there is only ONE replacement pat- and looking at photos, i wonder if there should be TWO parts one in front of hte other?

Anybody?

Rich

The 1/72 flaps/slats were never intended as a commercially available set, I did those simply to aid me in building a couple of models many years ago, so you may have to do some mods to them. The ones I sent you were a spare set that were just kicking around the workshop.

Jags coming along nicely there Gary! :) .

B)

Rich

The 1/72 flaps/slats were never intended as a commercially available set, I did those simply to aid me in building a couple of models many years ago, so you may have to do some mods to them. The ones I sent you were a spare set that were just kicking around the workshop.

Jags coming along nicely there Gary! :) .

B)

Ahh Neil- thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I have already stuck the wing and fuselage and its coming along pretty well- there is a high chance of an abort now if I start laying into it at this stage- but I will add some of the other parts you supplied- leaving me enough leftovers to do another one when i can get up North to raid the stash!

Could you please tell me is the centre weapons pylon a correction- and then there are also two other very long weapons adaptors- where do they go exactly.

Ta very much.

After much consideration this one is going to be dark green/dark grey- I will be using Gunze or Xtracolour to get a good tight finish- I think that will be quite important in this scale- I'm not best of RAF colours- which ones should I use if go with Gunze?

Looking very good Gary! :goodjob: I'm looking forward to seeing it finished :D

Could you please tell me is the centre weapons pylon a correction- and then there are also two other very long weapons adaptors- where do they go exactly.
Rich, the two long adaptors are probably the twin-carriers for 1000lb'ers or BL755s. Dunno about the c/l pylon, but there are differences between the one Airfix supplies and the ones in Hase's and Italeris kits (Hase's and Ita's look about the same).

Ahh Neil- thanks for the info.

Rich, the two long adaptors are probably the twin-carriers for 1000lb'ers or BL755s. Dunno about the c/l pylon, but there are differences between the one Airfix supplies and the ones in Hase's and Italeris kits (Hase's and Ita's look about the same).

What Martin said regarding the long adaptors, they are the tandem pylon mounts. As in the link below:

http://www.s205409446.onlinehome.us/Fea1/8...Burkill/00.shtm

I think I did the centre line pylon as a correction, cannot remember as it must be over 16 or 17 years ago now!! :D

B)

• 2 weeks later...

That looks bloomin' marvellous Gary :clap2: Know what you mean about the undercarriage............ devil of a job lining it all up but looks like you've nailed it! Looking forward to seeing this one finished. Have you decided on a fit for it yet? Keep up the good work ....... she's looking a real beauty :speak_cool:

Gary.

Have you decided on a fit for it yet?

Cheers Gary/Rich - I really wanted to do something that was very unbalanced - TIALD one side, AIM9L the other, but photo's are so difficult to come by. I'm sticking with the 2 tanks, with AIM9L's each outer then I'll either leave the centre position empty or will add a TIALD pod there instead.

its great fun lining up those legs isn't it! :hypnotised:

:fraidnot:

• 3 weeks later...
That looks fantastic. :thumbsup2:

:goodjob:

Woah! Now that looks fantastic - I love it!!! And that's all I want to say thank you very much...

Actually, there is one more thing; you can never have enough Jaguar models!

Spence :D