Last minute Ferrari 430

Graham77

Hope it isn't too late to join in the fun with a Revell F430, spotted it on sale at Hannants and thought this was a good opportunity to get it built. I might also take the opportunity to look for some advice with regards to painting and varnishing car bodies and prepping windscreens and glass. I have done some reading on other links and have an idea, but I quite like this car and don't want to mess it up by mixing up varnishes and paints that don't go.

Here is the starter for ten pic of the plastic contained and then it primed and ready for painting

ThePlastic.jpg

Priming.jpg

And after a good mornings worth of work the engine is complete and ready for fitting (must get a better pic of this when I get a chance)

ChassisandEngine.jpg

I have also got most of the interior ready for assembly and also the wheels. I have read on here there is decal setting solutions you can buy and am keen to know if you can use these over the revell aquacolours and also what the best varnish is to use over that paint and decals. On another thread i also read about the magic substance known as Kleer (?) a floor polish that seems to do all of the above and protect the windscreens etc. Finally to get the best finish on the body I was going to spray it using cans (I don't have an airbrush as of yet) again is there a best or worst or will humbrol acrylic be as good as the others? All advice welcome and gratefully recieved.

Now to find some more building time

Looks good so far Graham.

Humbrol rattle cans are fine, I have used Halfords as well but you need to be careful with the primer as the paint will eat through some and give you a crazy paving effect, not good on a Ferrari. Not used Klear so can't comment usually use Halfords Universal out of can with good results.

Microsol softner is okay over revell paints just be sparing with it as it can leave a stain.

Good luck wit the rest of it.

Warren

• 3 weeks later...

Here is some more progress with the Ferrari. The wheels and brakes just need decals (hopefully sort that out tomorrow)

IMG_3217.jpg

The body has recieved a number of coats of gloss red and I'm waiting to see how it looks once some detail has beeen added and varnished although I am pleased wit the result so far.

IMG_3218.jpg

The chassis, engine and interior all coming together

IMG_3259.jpg

and finally the build as it currently stands, I reckon another good days work on this and she may make it in time for the end

IMG_3256.jpg

I need a bit more practice with the camera, some of these pics are a bit blurry I'll see if I can do better for the next update

Looking good im going to have to get myself a nice car kit one of these days as a nice diversion from the jets

Russ