Completed Aircraft

richellis

• 1 month later...

DC10-30 Laker Airways

She's now done, just added the little fins and beefed up the weathering underneath. Altogether, not a bad kit. What I did like was the reinforcing plates (3 off) that prevent the fuselage profile from being squashed during handling. I have a few models where this has cracked the paint and filler doing this.

The paint was my usual Revell SM371 for the light grey bits, Halfords Appliance white for the white and Humbrol No.1 for the corrguard areas. I'm now debating whether I have the time and motivation to crack on with the Revell 747-200 that Andy Airfix swapped with me as I have a super set of BOAC decals awaiting it ! My main dilema with this kit will be to make the decision of whether to fit it to a stand or sit on its wheels. Anyway, here she is...

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

Laker squadron - 707 138 & DC10-30

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

Edited by richellis
  • Like 1

OK, Build number 1 finished,

Iraqi Airways Boeing 727 YI-AGR. This build came about as I got a set of decals of the decal Bank as my Uncle used to fly for Iraqi before the first Gulf war, and this was an aircraft that he flew.

Pics,

iraqi727001.jpg

iraqi727002.jpg

iraqi727004.jpg

Had a go at weathering it, a mix of watered down acrylic artist paint, black powder and a very watered down sandy colour paint to try and give it the sandy dusty look that Iraqi aircraft always seamed to have!

iraqi727003.jpg

Will be doing a base for it, and should bring it along to the show in Sutton in sept. I hope airfix will have sent the missing part by then!

Edited by richellis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tupolev Tu-134 "Interflug" in 1:144 (AZmodel)

Edit on Sept. 6th:

I've made some fine tuning.

Please take a look at the cockpit (longer black curved surface) and the antenna block on the upper tail section.

normal_DSC03620.JPG

normal_DSC03611.JPG

normal_DSC03607.JPG

Edit end.

And this is my previous text:

The decals did not fit exactly ... so some extra paint work was needed.

EDIT < old images removed > /EDIT

The original DDR-SCF:

tu134_ddrscf.jpg

Edited by Micha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my completed Aer Lingus Connie, the Revell 1/144 kit, depicting N1009C on lease from Seaboard & Western Airlines, as she apparently looked on the inaugral flight from Dublin to New York on 28-4-1958(when I was a year & three months old, so I don't actually remember it!!)

Build thread, for what it's worth is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52370

On with the pics;

006-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

025.jpg

Thanks for running the group build, Rich & Antony, it's been fun & there have been some cracking builds here!!

Bestest

Keef

This is the Revell 1/144th Airbus A319, strictly out of the box, with the addition of the Two-Six decals representing EC-KKS, Airbus MSN 3320, and painted in the 'Retro' Iberia scheme.

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0696.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This model started life as a 1/144th Revell A330-300 in the Airbus 'House Colours' boxing. The addition of the Bra.Z tailfin and stabilisers, along with 'cutting and shunting' the fuselage converted the kit to an A330-200. The decals are by Brazil Decals and this particular model represent A6-EAE, Airbus MSN 384, as she appeared just prior to the addition of the revised scheme incorporating the 'www.emirates.com' script below the main Emirates title.

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

DSC_0687.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Well, where do I begin with this one? She started life (seemingly ages ago!) as the Austrian Airlines boxing of the 1/144th Revell A340-300. But then along came Bra.Z and their A340-600 conversion set combined with Draw Decals' Virgin Atlantic decal sheet. I do not know how many hours were spent doing this conversion, but the build thread is over here along with some shots and ramblings regarding the other builds too. With just two hours to go, she's finished.

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

• Like 2

Ok. Im going to be hard but no more!

Any finished builds that are before this post will be able to enter the final vote.

If you have an aircraft PM me a link to your favorite pic and I can do a voting thread!

Feel free to keep putting finished builds below!