1:72 Revell Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5

Deacon

I have been working away at this kit since April and finished it last night. I have to say that the SE 5 builds within the GB really inspired me, so thanks to those people who

built the larger versions.

It occured to me that the build could be included within this GB. (I wish I had thought of that sooner). :confused:

So, this will be a short thread as all the build photos will be included within this post.

OK, box shot, obviously this build is the lower of the two boxes.

IMG_6506.jpg

I used the 1:48 kit to help make some of the detail lacking in the 1:72. Here is the seat for instance.

Seats.jpg

OK, seat in and dashboard, fuselage closed, lower wing and wing struts added. Rigging has been glued to the struts as I have seen others do this and I believe it is far easier to do it at this point.

IMG_6750.jpg

Top wing added with holes drilled ready for the rigging.

Se5.jpg

First lot of paint on.

IMG_6753.jpg

Paint sealed with Klear and decals added.

IMG_6754.jpg

And the final product, which I know is not perfect but I am happy with the result.

SE5002.jpg

SE5003.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Deacon

Great looking SE-5!!!!!!

Cheers,

ggc

lovely job, deacon, makes me want to hunt a 1/72 Revell WW1 a/c from the stash and do

another model for this GB, it seems like ages since I finished the WW1 tank and the W29.

You know you are only looking for an excuse mate. :thumbsup:

I'm actualy giving this one away, so I have another to do, but I want to get the RE 8 done, then I want to do an Airfix Bristol F.2B too.

Cheers

Deacon