NF Beaufighter Done

JimInOz

G'day Lads, managed to finnish this last night. Tamiyas kit goes together extremly well, no great challenges with the build except the ones I created myself . (through my own stupidity :blink:) A most enjoyable build. Thanks for looking. Cheers. Jim :D

BBF127.jpg

BBF118.jpg

BBF110.jpg

BBF100.jpg

BBF096.jpg

Lovely work Jim!

I'm working on a Hurri night fighter at the moment and you've given me all sorts of ideas with regards to finishing. So, I guess you could say it's an inspirational build :thumbsup2:

Steve.

Thanks very much for the positive feedback gents, much appreciated. I am glad that I put the brakes on with regard to weathering when i did. I ran the beastie past A couple of wise old owls/ farts I know whilst it progressed, and they unanimously chorused "she's done". I am glad they had a gander at when they did as I sometimes am my own worst enemy when it comes to weathering. Glad you like it fellas. Cheers and beers. Jim

PS Steve : took bloody ages to chip it but I think then end result looks good, worth the effort. ( didn't think so at the time!).Look forward to seeing the Hurri. Cheers mate. Jim

Great paintjob .

But I'm a bit confused.

I recently did a nightfighter in 32 nd scale with the tail straight.As in this pic...

BEA15.jpg

But your's has a 'V' tail.Like this pic...

BEA12.jpg

So which is correct now? My Beau with straight tail...

IMAG0005-2.jpg

...or your Beau ?

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin, that is a smashing looking build of the Revell Beau mate B) great job. As for which one of our builds is right :unsure: I'm going to go with..............

The both of us :D . I do believe that the first/earlier versions of the Beaufighter did indeed have the flat tailplane as yours depicts. And the later versions like mine had the upward swept tailplanes. I also believe a number of earlier Beaufighter had the upward swept tailplanes retro-fitted to them. As for specifics with regard to, when, who, why, and what I haven't got a definative answer. The esteemed Mr Bradshaw would likely know the whole story and I am sure that there are others here who could also shed some light on this particular question. Thanks for your comments and question Erwin, hopefully someone will chime in with the good oil on the tailplanes. Cheers. Jim :)